Seeking suggestions for "best diving" + "most affordable" dive destinations!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got a ton of frequent flyer miles, so I can fly pretty much anywhere for free. I'm looking to go somewhere that has great (but affordable!) diving, and where the living expenses (food, lodging, etc) are also fairly affordable once I get there. FYI: My mode of travel is best described as "backpacker style", meaning I usually stay in guest houses versus hotels & resorts.

I can take off for 2-4 weeks at a time, so pretty much the world is my oyster. Where should I go to get the best value for my money? Philippines? Red Sea?

Past dive vacations:
Bonaire
Honduras (Utila & Roatan)
Curacao
Hawaii (Maui, Kauai, the Big Island)
Bali
Thailand (Ko Tao)
Philippines (MoalBoal & Palawan)
Mexico (Cozumel & Tulum)
Have done only one live aboard out of Cairns, Australia

I love drift dives, wall dives, night dives, and seeing bigger stuff. Not thrilled with wreck diving or seeing lots of small stuff.

Need a vacation Vidanta has golf and scuba with water park in November I have 10 coupons for
2 bedroom full kitchen sleeps 6 at this resort. This is not an all inclusive, biggest rip off ever.

want to go let me know
From this resort you can also drive up to Can Cun and dive a reef there and do Isla Mujeres underwater museum and do the most exciting drift dive I have ever done around the point
find more on my YouTube channel
Vidanta Resort Mayan Riviera rental NON all inclusive 18 hole golf waterpark dive shop - YouTube
Beach dock.jpg

Dave Pressler

Great for a dive club

You're trying to sell your coupons by calling this the biggest rip off ever? What am I missing here?

LOL, yea, I was wondering the same thing.

What I think he is trying to say is that his coupons are for a resort which is NOT an all-inclusive resort, and (in his opinion anyway) all-inclusive resorts are "the biggest rip-off ever".

Need a vacation Vidanta has golf and scuba with water park in November I have 10 coupons for
2 bedroom full kitchen sleeps 6 at this resort. This is not an all inclusive, ALL INCLUSIVE resorts are the biggest rip off ever unless you live on the resort and eat every meal and drink drink drink.

See attached coupon with 800 number for reservation to call once you have a reservation I send you the certificate you will also need my member number..

want to go let me know
From this resort you can also drive up to Can Cun and dive a reef there and do Isla Mujeres underwater museum and do the most exciting drift dive I have ever done around the point
find more on my YouTube channel
Vidanta Resort Mayan Riviera rental NON all inclusive 18 hole golf waterpark dive shop - YouTubeView attachment 527906
Dave Pressler

Great for a dive club

Attachments

• Vidanta week voucher certificate.pdf
    519.3 KB · Views: 71
You're trying to sell your coupons by calling this the biggest rip off ever? What am I missing here?
Not selling anything I have certificates for suites you call the resort make the reservations I meant to infer that ALL INCLUSIVE is a rip off this resort is NOT all inclusive. See attached coupon / certificate with 800 number for reservations.

Attachments

• Vidanta week voucher certificate.pdf
    519.3 KB · Views: 71

Back
Top Bottom