Chinese Boosters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tassi Devil Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does any one have any thoughts or experience with the Chinese boosters that are popping up around the place such as this double action model or this single action model
Am very interested to hear from people who are using or have some experience with them, the little I have been able to find so far indicates they are worthy of consideration and the price makes them very attractive.

I'm using this one:
booster.jpg

Not Chinese, but Czech and a lot cheaper: USD 595

I'm not using it for oxygen, only for helium and occassionally air/nitrox when finishing a blend.
When emptying helium buffers, the booster runs a long time, using air from a D16 as drive gas. Since the used air is cooling the cilinders, the entire system stays at ambient temperature as long as you don't want to run it too fast. I manage to empty helium buffers down to 4 or 5 bar before sending them back. Gas loss: not measurable to me. Drive gas: 1:20 (so yeah that's lot).

The materials used are not oxygen compatible. But oxygen prices are still low enough to not worry about that too much.

@Miyaru : That‘s quite a price difference!
Who makes it?

Nice! do they also make a booster that can be used for O2 to 300Bar?
My Junior 2 has been pumping He and Ar to 330Bar for the last 20 years using my "OmniBooster" so the only thing I really need is a way to get O2 to 300+Bar.

Michael

Does any one have any thoughts or experience with the Chinese boosters that are popping up around the place such as this double action model or this single action model
Am very interested to hear from people who are using or have some experience with them, the little I have been able to find so far indicates they are worthy of consideration and the price makes them very attractive.

I've been using the single action one, branded as Scitec and manufactured by Shenzen Scitec Flow Control Ltd, to boost helium and oxygen for over six years now.

TBH it struggles to boost much beyond 200 bar but it works fine.

I've been using the single action one, branded as Scitec and manufactured by Shenzen Scitec Flow Control Ltd, to boost helium and oxygen for over six years now.

TBH it struggles to boost much beyond 200 bar but it works fine.
Thanks for that... I have heard plenty of second+ hand information but you are the first person I am hearing first-hand information from. Can you tell us some more about your experience with your Chinese booster? How close are you coming in the real world to the theoretical specs? How high are you able to boost with what pressure of supply and drive gas? Even the big names like Haskel admit their units fall short. Any frustrations with it?

The gas blenders group on the book of face has quite a few testimonials about the USUN boosters. They seem well liked.

I'm using this one:
View attachment 527669
Not Chinese, but Czech and a lot cheaper: USD 595

I'm not using it for oxygen, only for helium and occassionally air/nitrox when finishing a blend.
When emptying helium buffers, the booster runs a long time, using air from a D16 as drive gas. Since the used air is cooling the cilinders, the entire system stays at ambient temperature as long as you don't want to run it too fast. I manage to empty helium buffers down to 4 or 5 bar before sending them back. Gas loss: not measurable to me. Drive gas: 1:20 (so yeah that's lot).

The materials used are not oxygen compatible. But oxygen prices are still low enough to not worry about that too much.
what is its brand?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom