Manuelita Coco Island...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's where you will usually see the tiger sharks, so the guides will insist on you staying with the group. I do miss the night dives, though, and am glad that I got to do some on my first trip out there.

There was a boat load of hammerheads there last week, along with Galapagos and and a whale shark. A couple of people spotted a tiger there too, but I missed it.

I was on the same Okeanos II cruise as Ron. Of the 23 dives that were offered during the trip 9 of them where at Manuelita (bearing in mind that there are multiple sites at Manuelita).

cheers,
Ryan

Anyone interested in joining the OKEANOS II for August 31-October 10 - we have 2 spaces left at $2000 pp off regular rates. Contact us if interested.

Which vessel were you on?

That wasn’t mine. My videos were the ones posted in post # 4, above. However I was in the same boat, Argo, a month later, in September, and didn’t see any Tiger shark. My guess is, as the Tiger sharks wiped out turtles (their favorite preys) in the area, they moved on to other locations.

Back
Top Bottom