What to consider when buying a wetsuit? (3mm full suit)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The super stretchy stuff molding to the body and easier to put on is why I recommend it. 3mm is stretch is very forgiving to body shape. Even 5mm is very forgiving. 7mm, the cut better be pretty close as even super stretchy will have a good bit of resistance in 7mm.

I like a front zip suit as it is easy to get into and out of quickly I also like a zipper that opens at either end so I can unzip slightly and pee if needed. Perks of being male the world is my urinal.

One thing I didnt see if you had considered was a lavacore neutrally buoyant suit. I ofcourse love mine but it dosnt have the loss of buoyancy/warmth at depth and is surprisingly warm with the exception of the initial entry of water into the suit as the suit fills with water and gets wet it is cold but then warms up quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom