Revo micro carriage bolts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mouth Breather

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My micro has carriage bolts that the harness bolts to. The head of that bolt sticks into the body of the unit so far that the canisters 'ride' it and stick out a bit when I'm assembling the unit, making it difficult / impossible to get the top cover on all the way. Anyone find a solution for this? I thought of a few larger washers between the body and back cover, similar to but not as dramatic as the increased lung capacity spacer kit.

uploadfromtaptalk1390795991719-jpg.4951

Yep. I'm going to run this by the local shop but I like the washer idea more so than grinding down the bolt heads, which I've heard others do.

My micro has carriage bolts that the harness bolts to. The head of that bolt sticks into the body of the unit so far that the canisters 'ride' it and stick out a bit when I'm assembling the unit, making it difficult / impossible to get the top cover on all the way. Anyone find a solution for this? I thought of a few larger washers between the body and back cover, similar to but not as dramatic as the increased lung capacity spacer kit.

uploadfromtaptalk1390795991719-jpg.4951

MB...

A bolt is a bolt...is a bolt...size only becomes important when you don't have the correct size tools to make adjustments...

Applying this to any situation where the bolt is longer than it should be...replace the bolt with a size/length that will correct the problem...using ''back-up'' washers is only going to cause protrusion on the other side...

I would think the scrubber canisters are the last thing you would want scored from protruding bolt threads...as well as having the lid to not seal properly around the scrubber canisters...not to mention puncturing the counter-lungs...

Suggest contacting Paul at rEvo to ensure the bolts are not sized as they are for a reason...locally...Jason at Ocean Edge Outfitters may be able to help you...

W...

@W W Meixner I think you do not understand, but that's ok. Thanks for your input anyway :wink:

MB...

Thanks MB...I do understand...isn't any bolt protrusion from the back of the box...into the inside of the box in the immediate area of the scrubber canisters...protruding to a point of puncturing through the counter-lungs...

I had a rEvo standard manual unit at the house for a while this past winter...there was no problem as you are mentioning...I'm curious...

Any chance of a photo...

Best...

Thanks...

Warren

@W W Meixner Ok sorry my mistake. I can't really provide a better picture than what I already posted. The bolt head is being pointed to, which is underneath the CL and some red tape. This should only be a problem on the micros, the body of which is smaller than the others. The head sticks up just enough to prevent me from fully engaging the top cover without a lot of effort. I don't think it's damaging the CL in any way. It's really more of an annoyance, but my OCD kicks in pretty fierce when I can't get the cover fully over the last O-ring.

I have taken a grinder to the bolt heads on more than one unit for friends and others. One of them was causing a serious wear spot on the counterlung. It later leaked right there and aquaseal was the only source of repair. Not an optimal design IMHO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom