Which GoPro should I buy - will only use 2-3 times a year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently dove with two instructors that had a simple GoPro attachment setup:

(SNIP)

One thing I found that I'll try whenever I do a night dive is the GoPro handlebar mount. You can attach any dive flashlight to the go pro and have a budget lighting system.

Have you tried the handlebar mount yet? I saw that setup last year in Hawaii, now that I think about it.

I’m thinking of this (https://shop.gopro.com/mounts/handlebar-seatpost-pole-mount/AGTSM-001.html) on the DGX 600 video light (DGX PUSH Handheld Light Kit - Video Beam | Dive Gear Express®)

It works, but I wasn’t all that happy with it. It’s a bulky setup, IMO. I ended up settling on mask mounting the GoPro (Mako mask).

I got a 1000 lumen light from Dive Right In Scuba. It was $75. I’m happy with how bright it is and the battery life. I did three ~1 hr dives with it on Friday and it worked great.

Use a cheap simple float handle. Zip tie a snap bolt (or a wrist lanyard) to it. Easy-peezy.

Back
Top Bottom