Has anyone seen or used the new Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the ScubaPro Tech support team. Used to participate on the board. They solve problems. Fantastic support team.

When I owned my dive center in NY, their technical team was exceptional. They took care of the dealer and took care of the customer through the dealer. They always sided with the customer and took care of things as long as the dealer did his job.

Amazon is showing 4 in stock with delivery by Thursday for the balanced inflator model, medium. Can even choose the colour option, although I wonder if you get the original colour parts too because the price is the same as buying the regular model PLUS the $30 optional colour kit! They also have the version with 5th gen Air2, same deal on the colours. You could also see who the seller is and probably contact them directly too.

I can't find medium size. Scubapro website and Leisure Pro don't have it in stock. Is Hydrospro 2 coming up maybe?

Amazon is showing 4 in stock with delivery by Thursday for the balanced inflator model, medium. Can even choose the colour option, although I wonder if you get the original colour parts too because the price is the same as buying the regular model PLUS the $30 optional colour kit! They also have the version with 5th gen Air2, same deal on the colours. You could also see who the seller is and probably contact them directly too.

Yes, I saw that. Thanks. Leisurepro rep told me that they will be available by July 7, according to Scubapro's ETA. Curious to know if they are getting a modified version with a new bungee system.

Yes, I saw that. Thanks. Leisurepro rep told me that they will be available by July 7, according to Scubapro's ETA. Curious to know if they are getting a modified version with a new bungee system.
I was recently in my local SP Platinum Dealer, all the BCs on the floor still had the slip & slide wing bungees. ? @tridacna

@FezUSA

Look behind the plate to check whether the bungees move back and forth freely, allowing the wing to shift back and forth, or whether they are secured in some way, preventing shifting of the wing
upload_2019-6-26_9-35-52.png

I'm not sure that anybody has actually seen this updated bungee version yet. Is it only a rumor?

I did read this on a retailers website but this was back in 2108 but have not seen this anywhere else since.

"The Tri-Bungee system employed on the SCUBAPRO HYDROS PRO BCs has been revised slightly to lock the two lower Bungee Cords in the center of the Backplate. This Centre-Lock helps to ensure even distribution of air on either side of the Air Cell, improving stability and maneuverability in the process."

The shop I dive out of in Jupiter is a large SP dealer. Though I'm certainly not in the market for a Hydros Pro, I check the bungees in the shop before I go diving. I have yet to find a secured bungee system. I'm good friends with the owner, next time I visit, I will ask about the revised bungee system. Seems like an obvious defect with an easy fix to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom