FOUND: gold wedding band at 1st Cathedral, Lanai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David Leach

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I found a gold wedding band near First Cathedral off Lanai (near Maui) this morning. There is an inscription inside the ring, with a date. Did you lose a ring while diving?

Many folks get married at this site, who knows, maybe someone lost it while getting married there or just returned there to dump the ring after the divorce. Last month, while diving in Grand Cayman I found 2 rings.

Definitely could be divorce situation but the engraving inside the ring tells me it’s not a recent wedding. I can’t believe you found two rings on one trip! Must be a lot more common than I thought for people to lose them.

Well, I found one while diving, pretty much every day for 2 months/2-3 dives per day and found the other one while walking on the beach. Funny thing is that both of them fit me perfectly.

No way to find the owner on that one, been under the water for too long and is in a pretty bad shape now. It is gold but I am guessing must have been there for a very long time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom