Tourist diving around Vancouver island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

voets

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Next month I'll be on summer holiday with my family. Going on a roundtrip from Calgary to Vancouver.
I'd like to squeeze in 1 or 2 dives, but I do not want to bring my own gear on a 4 week trip.
So, are there any operators offering the typical tourist dive?
Rent everything, being taken to the divesite, jump on a boat and enjoy 1 or 2 dives?

I'm an experienced cold water diver, at home in the Netherlands I only dive in a drysuit. But not sure if those are rented out.
Any suggestion is more than welcome.

Go to Nanaimo and contact these guys Boat Diving - you will not be disappointed. They have full rentals, DMs if required or not if you prefer to do your own thing and some of the best diving south of Port Hardy. If you have more time go to the north end of the Island and dive Port Hardy. It is world class at both locations.

Go to Nanaimo and contact these guys Boat Diving - you will not be disappointed. They have full rentals, DMs if required or not if you prefer to do your own thing and some of the best diving south of Port Hardy. If you have more time go to the north end of the Island and dive Port Hardy. It is world class at both locations.

+1 You won't be disappointed.

The dives around Nanaimo are consistently really good (wolf eels and octopus) and great access to the wrecks. Down in Victoria their are lots of dives sites and several shops for gear. If you're in Victoria pm me and I can show you some sites.

Thanks!
I checked our itinerary, the agency that booked or accomodations has us go from whistler to campbell river in a single day.
We will have 2 full days in campbell river. Any suggestions in that neighbourhood?
Otherwise the drive back to Nanaimo seems do-able.
We will also have 1 night in Ucluelet and 3 in Victoria

Pacific Pro is up in Campbell River, down in Courtney is UB Diving

In Victoria, Rockfish Divers

_R

Pacific Pro is up in Campbell River, down in Courtney is UB Diving

In Victoria, Rockfish Divers

_R
I think Pacific Pro Dive is still in Courtney, Also Frank whites in Victoria..

I think Pacific Pro Dive is still in Courtney, Also Frank whites in Victoria..

Bill sold one of the offices and runs the other a few months ago.. no?

They do move the boat(s) between the two cities dependent on the season.

_R

Thanks!
I checked our itinerary, the agency that booked or accomodations has us go from whistler to campbell river in a single day.
We will have 2 full days in campbell river. Any suggestions in that neighbourhood?
Otherwise the drive back to Nanaimo seems do-able.
We will also have 1 night in Ucluelet and 3 in Victoria

I don’t know if they still exist, but stay far, far away far, far away from Abyssal Dive Charters, an operator in the Campbell River area. Nothing good to say about them, their operations, or business practices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom