Closed Citizen Hyper Aqualand Watch

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rgdiver1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For Sale: Citizen Hyper Aqualand diver's watch with Waterborne strap. Shows depth and dive time. Rated for 200M. Includes computer interface. Excellent condition. $75.00 plus shipping.

I’m interested, but pics and a specific model number would help. Does this include the PC interface?

Here is a picture of the watch
maxresdefault.jpg

The model is a Hyper Aqualand, and the PC interface is included.

The watch has been sold.

I was able to take this vintage device for a dive this weekend and it still compares favorably to a more modern dive computer - at least in terms of dive recording.

Here are two graphs - the one on the left is from an Atmos 2, the one on the right is from the Hyper Aqualand.

The watch captured a quick "spy hop" that the Atmos 2 missed, because I had the Atmos 2 sample rate set lower. Not bad for an early generation dive "computer" that's from (probably) Aug 2010. (From the date code, it's August in either 1990, 2000 or 2010, and some of the docs in the box are from 2003...)

Thanks again rgdiver1 for making this piece of diving history available!

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 22.01.56.png

I have a Citizen HYPER Aqualand watch too. (In fact, I even have the exact same NATO strap on mine.) I love it but I find that the ascent rate alarm is very sensitive. I don't think of it as "an early generation dive computer", but as a dive watch that gives me everything I need for my log.

Enjoy it & congrats on your new purchase.

I was able to take this vintage device for a dive this weekend and it still compares favorably to a more modern dive computer - at least in terms of dive recording.

Here are two graphs - the one on the left is from an Atmos 2, the one on the right is from the Hyper Aqualand.

The watch captured a quick "spy hop" that the Atmos 2 missed, because I had the Atmos 2 sample rate set lower. Not bad for an early generation dive "computer" that's from (probably) Aug 2010. (From the date code, it's August in either 1990, 2000 or 2010, and some of the docs in the box are from 2003...)

Thanks again rgdiver1 for making this piece of diving history available!

View attachment 548544
what operating system & software package are you using on your computer to download the data? I also have a hyperAqualand and I can't seem to make citizen the software go with Win 10, and wasn't able to get it to talk nice with subsurface either...

Back
Top Bottom