Mansfield dam scuba park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes its a nice area to dive. You can camp there and is t is a short trip to shopping and eating areas. It is a distance though to get an air fill unless they now have that at the dam area. it is a rather long steep trip to the water edge. last time i dove it perhaps 100 yards off shore there are boats onthe bottom with a boat to boat lead line and is good for night diving. If you are new stay away from the dam itself unless you aer with someone that is familiar with the dam. You may feel what you tink may be an earth quake form time to time. ,,,,, that is hte dam opening flood gates to spin generators. They periodically open floods to rotate the turbans. (done on the far side when I was there) and after like 1 or 2 am they make power so the next day you will find the lake 6" to a foot shallower. facilities are great with showers and a great place to pitch a tent. you may have to go to windy point to get a fill or into town . wither way its a 20 minute drive and can be confusing finding your way if you are new to the area and dont have a gps.

Windy Point on the other side of the lake. Entry fee about the same as Mansfield Dam. They have air fills on site.

And the lake is full so you just walk right in. A couple steps on the entry stairs and you're wet.

Windy Point Park | Windy Point Park offers large shade trees on a natural grass lawn, which overlooks the wide open waterfront on Lake Travis

They have some stuff to look at, and there is a map on the link below with additional info about scuba at Windy Point.
Scuba Diving | Windy Point Park

I have been diving Mansfield frequently this summer and have started to draw up a new map for this area, there are things to see and I find it easy and convenient. I am usually open to head out there and more than happy to connect with what I know from about 20 dives this summer.

Back
Top Bottom