NASDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChaoticScorpio

Registered
Reaction score
In the early 90’s i got my NASDS certificate. I really haven’t done a whole lot with it and by now I moved several times. I lost all of my information for my certification. Is there anyway that I can get my number?

Not likely. NASDS no longer exist here in the states. If you have not been diving in almost 30 years it's time to take a open water course over. Plus you are now 30 years older, you have changed and diving has changed.

NASDS does not exist anymore.
Things have changed in the 30 years since your dives then. Time for some lessons if it was me.

I was NASDS from the 70s - when I started back up it was completely worth it to cert from the beginning. I did it with my son, which made it even more fun.

Actually NASDS was integrated into SSI (sometime in the late 90's?) so they may still have your records. I'm NASDS 81'.
SCUBA SCHOOLS INTERNATIONAL - THE ULTIMATE DIVE EXPERIENCE

However there was a fire and a lot were lost.

Any chance the shop you certified at still exists - they may be able to help.

I agree with the other posters, if you haven't been diving in 30 years a lot has changed. Most offer e-learning now so you only have to do the dive part on-site - or at a resort on vacation. Most people dive on computers now b/c they're so reasonable and allow for longer dives.

fyi, Mares now owns SSI - go figure..lol

no

you will need to get a new cert

I got my Basic Open Water Certification from NASDS in 1970. Then in 1976 received my Associates Degree in Commercial Diving from Santa Barbara City College. Even with pretty lengthy diving experience I decided that the NASDS card was not cutting it. I work as a Diver professionally but that does not mean much to some Dive Shops and PADI is the big player on the Big Island of Hawaii where I live. My wife was certified in the mid 1980's with PADI fro Basic Open Water and I felt like she could use a refresher so we decided to take the PADI Advanced Open Water Course together. It was fun and I might have even learned something. So now I have a PADI Advanced Open Water Certification and it is easily accepted everywhere. You may not need to take the basic course over again, so consider the Advanced which may give you some additional skills and not bore you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom