airsource adapter for zena doesn’t fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, you should be sure to match a balanced 2nd with an over balance 1st like a Legend or an Apeks, but not really necessary with a balanced 1st. But if you want the “better” spec go ahead. I agree I see no indication on the Atomic site that it is balanced, and they do call that out on their other regulators, so the omission suggests it is not balanced. I suppose you could try asking them, too. (same owners as Zeagle, might be the same person fielding both questions?)

Yes, you should be sure to match a balanced 2nd with an over balance 1st like a Legend or an Apeks, but not really necessary with a balanced 1st. But if you want the “better” spec go ahead. I agree I see no indication on the Atomic site that it is balanced, and they do call that out on their other regulators, so the omission suggests it is not balanced. I suppose you could try asking them, too. (same owners as Zeagle, might be the same person fielding both questions?)

Is there a difference between balanced and overbalanced? The legend twilight is considered which?

Sorry for the silly questions, just trying to understand my gear better

Edit to add: I just searched and see there are threads about this, I’ll read up on it. Geez trying to understand how the gear works is a bit of a rabbit hold. I do think it’ll make me a better diver though.

Yes, there is a difference. All Legends, including Twilight, are over balanced.
There are some scenarios where the over balanced 1st stage increases the air flow pressure to the 2nd stage for improved performance in challenging conditions, which may cause an unbalanced 2nd to free flow.

Hi, recently purchased a zeagle zena bcd to replace my aqualung lotus. I previously had the airsource on my lotus and bought the adapter to switch it to the zeagle, however when I screw it on, it doesn’t seem to thread all the way down, so half the threads are still exposed. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Hi there!
The fitting has been changed to OMS style.

https://www.mcssl.com/store/zeaglee...ponents/zeagle-bcd-airway-assembly-components

Have you considered keeping the Zena shoulder dump and hose
and swapping the inflator with the airsource

Good point. Hopefully one day will be doing some diving off the Carolina coast, from what I understand below 100ft in a 5mm the zeagle zena May not have enough lift so chances are I will need a second BC. However I don’t know that I will go below 60f .....

Your bcd will have plenty of lift

Maybe a second opinion on that, if possible? I have no idea what changed with Zeagle or when, but if that adapter screwed on comfortably for several threads without any cross-threading damage, and the only issue is that it didn't "bottom out," where you thought it should, then it feels to me like it is actually working correctly.

full.jpg

If this is your idea having studied the photograph with threads 10 mm shy of where they should be
I would suggest you quickly abandon your mouse and go learn more or perhaps never touch gear again

I have one dislike for the octo/inflators such as the SS1 that are added on in place of the standard inflator, but retain the standard hose. Many dedicated units such as the Airsource have an extra connection midway in the corrugated hose that allows you to pull the left shoulder dump valve on an ascent while breathing off the Airsource, without having to remove the unit from your mouth.

when you can dive these devices there is no requirement for a pulling system to pull
and certainly NEVER a reason to take the airsource out of the mouth to operate or dump

when you can dive these devices there is no requirement for a pulling system to pull
and certainly NEVER a reason to take the airsource out of the mouth to operate or dump
How do you dump, if ascending (probably vertically) without a shoulder dump?

Dude!

I have one dislike for the octo/inflators such as the SS1 that are added on in place of the standard inflator, but retain the standard hose. Many dedicated units such as the Airsource have an extra connection midway in the corrugated hose that allows you to pull the left shoulder dump valve on an ascent while breathing off the Airsource, without having to remove the unit from your mouth.

“Have you considered keeping the Zena shoulder dump and hose
and swapping the inflator with the airsource”

Wait.... can I do that? That seems too easy..... like disconnect the inflator and connect the lower half of the airsource?

Ahh, you are still talking about the airsource. OK, no question. I was talking about the more recent posts that are about putting an inflator/reg on a standard corrugated hose.

If this is your idea having studied the photograph with threads 10 mm shy of where they should be
I would suggest you quickly abandon your mouse and go learn more or perhaps never touch gear again
I know you often can’t be bothered to read a thread through from the beginning, but scroll back to post #11 and #12 for my description of my having fit this adapter to other brands, in one case with similar results that sealed just fine. Or... follow your own advice and abandon your mouse and perhaps never touch a keyboard again?

I don’t see how these are compatible, airsource on the left and zeagle shoulder dump on right

Attachments

• 7AD71559-A907-419E-B91E-EF4D510DA6F3.jpeg
    7AD71559-A907-419E-B91E-EF4D510DA6F3.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 107
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom