Ocean/Reef Safe Spray Paint for Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDubs09

Registered
Reaction score
Looking to spray paint my old fins black to take them shark diving. Any suggestions for reef safe, salt water proof, and paint that won't fall off? Thanks!

I think that spray painting a flexible piece of plastic will have a very high chance of flaking off and polluting the ocean.
What shark dive? Tiger Beach?

make sure you cut them longitudinally through the middle and put on a couple of hundred pounds before you go

Looking to spray paint my old fins black to take them shark diving. Any suggestions for reef safe, salt water proof, and paint that won't fall off? Thanks!

JD...

You may want to try test masking any coloured areas with super strong wide/black Gorilla tape...but I certainly would not recommend painting your fins with anything...

Any paint will flake off during flexing...there's more than enough junk in the oceans now...and the solvents in the paint will very likely be detrimental to the plastic...

If this is a once only dive...I'm sure there is a LDS that can rent you a pair of black fins...

If you're going to spend the money anyway...spend the money on doing it right...

W...

Back
Top Bottom