First Fins for Bahama Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. I am not sure how they are made or how far my foot should go. It looks like if my foot were a little more narrow, my foot would go a lot further. They are comfortable as is, and I do plan on wearing at least a thin sock.

Are you intending to dive with them in bare feet?

Your heels are supposed to hang over the edge on open heel fins.

Those look too big, to me (presuming you're planning to wear them in bare feet. It looks like there is a gap on the sides of your foot. But, a neoprene sock or bootie might totally fix that. And the picture could be totally deceiving me.

I'm not sure why so many people try on fins and their toes touch the end of the foot pocket (or stick out) and they think that means the fin is too small. If it's too small, you would not be able to slide your foot into the foot pocket that far. You wouldn't be able to to slide it on very far at all.

If you put shoes on and your foot went in easily without touching the sides of the shoe and then slid way forward until your toes hit the end of the foot pocket, would you say they were too small?

Jut an FYI, these fins are supposed to be worn without boots.

Jut and FYI, these fins are supposed to be worn without boots.

Ah. Thanks for the info. I didn't know anybody made open heel fins that were intended to be worn bare foot.

They still look too big, to me. I don't judge fins by where my toes are (other than, if my toes are crushed, they are not the right size). I judge them by whether the sides are nice and snug on my feet, so they won't wobble side to side and the top and bottom are snug - i.e. not a foot pocket that is too tall for my foot. And then, the bottom should come back to approximately where my heel starts. Not all the way under my heel, and not ending somewhere in my instep.

I'm going to suggest the ScubaPro Seawing Novas. They are my third pair of fins, and the best that I have tried. They give really good propulsion for the amount of effort, and are therefore not only great for powering around, but when you are in serious current, being able to really put them into high gear is excellent. Plus, the toe box is very rounded and spacious, so with my boots fits both perfectly and comfortably. They also come with bungee corded straps built in, so there is no need to buy new straps! I really love mine!

Back
Top Bottom