Why no poor man's rebreather?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My buddy used this last sunday: https://www.ccrtriton.com/ccr-triton-loisir-english.

Great litle machine. I was really impressed. I made me wanting one too after hauling 12l doubles in the water twice :( :D He used no more than 20 bar diluent and a litle oxygen, I used about 210 bar of air during two dives. Both were real shallow dives.

But it's a lot more complicated to operate than my doubles I must admit.

No diapers for this guy then

Secret Rebreather

full.jpg

If you don't know what you are doing, don't try this one at home. If you know what you are doing, I am sure you have a rig that makes this one look childish.

Was reading the old tutorial (see pdf attachment) by Tom Rose...
LOL
He was a funny man

EDIT
I also found interesting this post on a Pirelli suit
Unique diving apparatus

Attachments

• 100 DOLLAR REBREATHER.pdf
    449.8 KB · Views: 557
If you don't know what you are doing, don't try this one at home. If you know what you are doing, I am sure you have a rig that makes this one look childish.

Was reading the old tutorial (see pdf attachment) by Tom Rose...
LOL
He was a funny man

EDIT
I also found interesting this post on a Pirelli suit
Unique diving apparatus
Thanks for sharing that. I missed out on a chance to meet Tom when I was visiting his home state. I called him on the phone and he was very forthcoming with rebreather knowledge unfortunately the timing didn't work out. RIP Tom Rose.

Tom was a friend of mine. He was a very nice guy and loved sharing what he know about rebreathers. I have had that very rebreather in my hands while listening to stories of diving it. He is missed by all who knew him.
And in case anyone is wondering, he died of natural causes, nothing rebreather related.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom