New from the OKC area.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

good luck and keep us informed...happy diving.

Well got my good cert card in the mail yesterday. First one had a DOB of 1931.... I talked to my instructor and said "I know I'm old but do you really think I am that old?"

We had a good laugh as who knows what happened.

Was given a dive mask with an integrated camera and picked up another mask and snorkel to use along with some fins and 3mm boots. Have a Mares Puck Pro and the stuff so that I can transfer direct to my tablet and make backups so I am good on that front for the near to mid future. Had a suit but going to send it back as it is just a little too small to fit and honestly I don't think I will drop that much by October. Going to find something in a larger size and get it ordered when I get the credit back.

I actually did my training at ScubaBros @Jayfarmlaw so using the pool on some Thursdays is in my game plan. I was already thinking weekdays would be best to go out for a little bit of diving though so I don't have to worry about being on top of everyone and having everything mucked up.

I have my dive booked for Cozumel when I am down there. I opted to do snuba in Grand Cayman so that my friend can go along. I figure I will still have some time under water that way and they can share in the sights.

As far as how I am doing personally since I know some of you probably wonder... I am at a blah point. My mother in law was in the hospital for about a week with an aortic aneurysm. It's inoperable and prevents her from being able to swallow. Her sister and my step daughter came out to spend some time and while I don't think she actually wanted it done now that she is fully coherent a peg tube (line directly into the stomach) was put in for nutrition. The reason why it is inoperable is due to it's size and her age strength, it would be open surgery and in her weakend state she probably would not make it. Dealing with that and some friends who are moving does not help very much to say the least. I just keep trying to keep myself busy and move on.

Going to tinker with a point of sale system that I ended up with and see if I can get everything working correctly and flip it for a few bucks. Drives were removed so need to install and OS and setup everything. After that spark plugs are sitting in my truck waiting to be changed. Have the U-joints as well to do. I will probably end up near Tuscon (Sierra Vista) where my father just moved to sometime in August and end up helping do some work around his new house. Then possibly head towards Phoenix and visit my step daughter for a day. Just trying to keep my calendar full without burning myself out at the same time.

Yeah I know a lot of different stuff... I did say I was a geek right? I am comfortable working on cars, computers, and houses, among other things. I replaced a water line for a friend in Phoenix when a contractor quoted 700 to patch the break and 3500 to replace the line. I think parts was around 350.

Back
Top Bottom