Bouyancy for loclite arms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You did a good job w the taping. Looks very professional. I can now see how you put it all together. Savvy.

Thanks for the share.

If I can pick your brains. Where do you find the music to your videos.

I’ve just started putting my videos together. Music selection plays a big part ..... I’m having troubles finding good ones
I just search "no copyright music."

Seems like the strobes are too heavy for the arms.

In the water - is it better?
Yes. The strobes are almost neutral in the water.

you can add something kije a STIX float to the arms to lighten the weight of the strobes. Even though they're designed for ULCS arms I've been told some of these floats velcro nicely around locline also. (post #5 in this thread) Stix Underwater Buoyancy Strobe Arms & Floats

the downside is they probably cost more than your whole arm setup lol.

you can add something kije a STIX float to the arms to lighten the weight of the strobes
Not necessary. The (sea&sea) strobes only weigh 40g in water; others are similar. The TG-5 in its plastic case is actually buoyant. Most of the weight of the full system is in the tray, arms, and clamps.

Thanks everyone for all your support.

Have some items on order. Can’t wait to try them in the water

Depending on the depth you can get a fair amount of positive buoyancy (but as CuzzA, mentioned they do crush at around 60ft) by disconnecting the locline and stuffing them with pool noodle (I use the heavier duty pipe insulator as it takes more pressure to crush.

The real benefit is the rig does not get any larger (and space is a real premium for me) also does not weigh much, I also made handles this way as I get lift and more comfort than holding locline segments directly

Back
Top Bottom