Scuba Fix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So there's the kid, full of energy zipping around on a skateboard doing jumps
over gutters riding railings,tut tut, jumping up onto walls having a kid of a time

Then an adult comes along and well, can't just tell the kid that it can't be done
then next best thing the adult can find instead, is to teach the kid about gravity

then the kid thinks well he's an adult been around, there must be wisdom there
so to make the adult happy, kid plonks on the couch and becomes a vegetable.

This before the kid has learnt how to dive, learnt about gear, and learnt to fix it

Off to the solo forum now, to impart information about my love of buddy diving.

Sorry, I don't understand the relevance of your post in this thread.

@emoreira I am faced with this issue now and so far no shop is willing to undertake the repair due to unable to get the necessary parts. Came across this thread and was wondering if you'd be willing to share the 3D files. My BCD is a Mares Vector, had a couple of uses then sat in storage for about 1 year. Took it out to use and when inflated the valve where the LPV hose attached to the BCD came undone, plastic lip inside completely crumbled. I check the other valves and they look good, not sure how this one deteriorated so quickly.

One of the dive school BCDs repaired.
View attachment 524256
The white puller is also printed.
The cap is original.
View attachment 524255

I am facing a similar repair situation with my Oceanic Probe BCD. After diving in Cozumel over summer, the bottom dump valve insert broke.
I see there are many replacement dump valves available, however, none fit. Oceanic makes their valves quite large, as you can see the top (shoulder) valve here:
IMG_20231007_114815.jpg

The black dump valve screwed into a yellow insert that has a larger diameter than the hole. Here is a photo of the insert and the broken insert - which still has part of the outer flange:

IMG_20231007_114922.jpg

I haven't been able to locate this flange anywhere, and all replacement dump valve kits are too small. By my measurements, the bottom hole itself has a diameter of ~45mm, and the diameter of the original yellow flange insert is ~63mm.

I would like to repair my bottom dump valve if at all possible. I emailed Oceanic, predictably they suggested a replacement. And my local dive shop can't do the repair either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom