Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5/18/19 9:45 am
Site Location
S. Brohard
Water Temp 77
Visibility 5-7 ft
Tide state incoming
Wind E 6 mph
Surf calm
Presence of drift algae none

Donut dive with FL Underwater Sports, great first dive of the season with dkramer. Found a worn 1 inch meg and partial horse tooth.

5/19/19 10AM
Site - Parking area south of Brohard
Water temp - 82
Visibility - 5-10ft
Surf - 1-2ft

Dropped down on top of the rocks, went out another 50yds and started looking. Found some small stuff, Bull, Lemon, possible Sand tooth. Not bad for the first time.

5/23/19 9:30am
Site Location
S. Brohard
Water Temp 82
Depth
19 fsw max
Visibility 3-4 ft. Murky
Tide state incoming
Wind ENE 13 mph
Surf light swell
Presence of drift algae some, more on bottom in the blocks
Found a couple less than 1 inch megs, pretty worn. Lots of juvenile fish, good to see. Due to vis being poor, came whiskers to whiskers with a nurse shark. He/she took one look at me and got the heck out of dodge, lol!

5/23/2019
Site: S. Brohard
Depth max: 25ft
Vis: 12-15 for most of the day
Some swell action bouncing you around down below

Did a 2 tank dive off my kayak. First time I have ever dove at S. Brohard. On the way out I could see a diver on the bottom at 19 feet. Found 7 megs (mostly beat up, biggest 3.25"), 2 makos, a 50 cal fragment and a whale vert. Also saw the biggest stingray I have ever seen. Was maybe 6-7 feet long, head probably 4-5 feet wide chillin under a rock ledge. Over all a good day except for when I was taking tank and bc off kayak it somehow loosened the release valve up near shoulder and bc wouldn't keep air. Darn near drown trying to hang on to kayak and tank/bc that wanted to go straight down while getting stable enough to spot fix it. Dive went well after that. Good times.

Spoke with a couple who had just come out at Alhambra. Said viz was 5' to 10'.

6/17/19
Alhambra
Seas 1'-2'
Wind SSE @ 10
Water temp 85
Vis 1'-4'

Service Club
6/14/19
Seas 1'
Vis 0

Has anyone dived Manasota Key Beach? Worth doing or anything to find? Will have a non-diver with us, so I thought the restrooms and rinse showers would be nice.

Has anyone dived Manasota Key Beach? Worth doing or anything to find? Will have a non-diver with us, so I thought the restrooms and rinse showers would be nice.

I dove Blind Pass last year, which is just north of Manasota key. Link: Anyone tried Stump Pass or Blind Pass?

Was planning on trying Manasota Key on that trip as well, but weather/time didn't cooperate. I would give a shot.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom