DUI drysuit inflator regulator rebuild

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTPaws

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey all,

Years ago I picked up the inflator system and used it a lot for awhile. Then it sat for a couple of years. Now I need it again, but it really needs a rebuild. I contacted DUI and they were no help at all, couldn't even tell me the OEM for it. Said it was too old, hell it's only 6 or 7 years old.

Anyway, I am hoping that someone knows what it may be. It looks like the Dive Right, but not exact.

I've included some pictures of it, and other then the numbers seen in the one picture I don't see any other marking. Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20190611_200540.jpg
    IMG_20190611_200540.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20190611_200447.jpg
    IMG_20190611_200447.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20190611_200433.jpg
    IMG_20190611_200433.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 153
Hi @TTPaws,

Most likely that's a re-branded Ocean Diver's Supply flow-by piston first stage. Like the ScubaPro MK2 it is very simple in design with only a couple of dynamic o-rings. Re a manual, the closest thing I can find to your actual regulator is the Scuba Max RG-1001(also an ODS) which I think will suffice. There is an unfortunate double image or misprint on the diagram, just ignore the "extra piston" that is positioned inside the yoke. The Oceanic SP4 and SP5 are also very similar. Thankfully, the manuals are a bit more clear and can be downloaded from https://www.frogkick.dk/manuals/oceanic/

If the intermediate pressure is within specs and not creeping I would not bother to replace the hp seat. If you need a hp seat, you can try flipping the one that's in it now, or get a SP MK2 or Sherwood seat from www.vintagedoublehose.com or www.northeastscubasupply.com The dynamic o-rings are probably a -023 on the piston head and a -008 on the stem. The port o-rings are probably -010 for the low pressure ports and -011 for the high pressure ports.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Attachments

• ScubaMax RG-1001.pdf
    5.8 MB · Views: 133
Hi @TTPaws,

Most likely that's a re-branded Ocean Diver's Supply flow-by piston first stage.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks, it will be a couple of weeks before I can tear into. I appreciate the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom