new diver here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations! I am a new diver as well.

Even if you dove in a saltwater pool the specific gravity is very much different than the ocean. Interesting enough, the specific gravity is different depending where in the ocean you are diving.

That said, saltwater pools and spas have minimum salt. The salt is used in these pools to generate chlorine. In my hot tub you can barely notice the saltiness. I think the ocean has about 10 times the salt.

Congratulations on entering the underwater world!

When I got back into dive in 2017 I was in the pool weekly working on my buoyancy and it has paid dividends. If you can, I would suggest to have someone experienced get in the pool with you to help you fine tune it. Once you get your buoyancy down and know how correct buoyancy feels in the water diving will become an even greater experience.

Best of luck in your diving adventures!

Scorcher, welcome!

Ask someone here why back inflate BCDs are superior to BP/Ws. They love that here.

Reactions: yle
Congratulations! I am a new diver as well.

Even if you dove in a saltwater pool the specific gravity is very much different than the ocean. Interesting enough, the specific gravity is different depending where in the ocean you are diving.

That said, saltwater pools and spas have minimum salt. The salt is used in these pools to generate chlorine. In my hot tub you can barely notice the saltiness. I think the ocean has about 10 times the salt.
I guess I always related pools to more buoyancy problems because they are shallow. Sometimes I return to shore in the ocean by swimming 2-3 feet below the surface for practice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom