Dry suit recomendations for New England hard use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay Whitehair

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
New England diving, extended bottom times at depths under 60' metal detecting, knees scrubbing on the bottom, steady working, not recreation level. I am not sure about "semi dry" suits vs neoprene dry suits. I have been diving a DUI suit with an under layer with our FD rescue recovery team but would love advice before I spend money - there are so many choices now?!?

If anybody has a used commercial suit that would fit me I would be open to conversation about that but the ones I find on Craigs never seem to fit my body. This is BIG money for me so I want to get it right the first time.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Jay
Norwich, VT

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 180lbs
Inseam: 29"
Chest: 45"
Waste: 38"
Hips 40"

Waterproof D7 pro ISS. It’s a very rugged suit with Kevlar in all the right places. User replaceable seals are great for field repairs. I’ve got over 100 dives on mine and am pretty happy with it. Unfortunately they don’t do custom sizing so it’s not perfect. It’s also very heavy and can feel a bit stiff but I guess that’s the trade off for durability.

I would have to agree with the above DUI CF200, I am currently diving an Ursuit Softdura. Only a handful of dives so far but I am liking it. It is a stock size but fits pretty well. Past experiences have been with Viking and Waterproof. You can custom order with Ursuit. Their Cordura FZ looks like it would be pretty rugged, especially if you don't want to pay DUI prices, pretty much why I am diving one.

Either a Viking rubber drysuit or the DUI CF200 (and clones?).
Nothing else lasts forever.

Michael

DUI CF200, everything else is a DUI CF200 wanna be that isn't even close :)

Your DUI CF200 will last you decades and you may replace it just because you want to replace it and try something new not because you have to replace it. You may buy a different suit only to regret it later and have to go back to CF200 but then it will be time to retire yourself but the suit is still ready for action.

Just in case I wasn't clear above, buy a DUI CF200 and forget everything else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom