Smaller mouthpiece for my regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoatingDave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So recently got an atomic ST1 regulator with its standard silicone mouthpiece. I actually love the mouthpiece (comfortable/durable) but recently have noticed that sometimes it makes me gag underwater. (Not a good feeling). I have a smallish mouth so someone suggested a Aqua Lung Comfo-Bite Small Mouthpiece.

3 questions:

1. Anyone know if this would fit/work?
2. Any other suggestions for smaller mouthpieces?
3. Anyone else have this problem? I never had an issue like this before, but has happened twice now.

thanks

Generally the comfo bite works very well for smaller mouths.............it would be my first recommendation. If that doesn't quite feel right, you can cut out the center part. After that there are "kids" size mouth pieces, worth a try.

Thanks. On the internet I see the aqualung comfo-bite. Gonna give it a try. One one site they called it a “small”, however the picture looked identical to the regular ones. Anyone know if these come in more than one size?

AL Comfobite is definitely a two size item.

Standard is PN 109438,
small is PN 127826.

There are also snorkel versions that don't have the molded channel for the zip tie, so be sure to get the regulator version.

You can also try using a Seacure custom molded one. If it's the length that makes you gag and not the width (focus, people, FOCUS, ya pervs), you can trim the back out a bit before you mold it so that when you do mold it, and bite down into it, it won't go as far back.

I tried a number of mouthpieces. The AquaLung Comfobite is the only one I don’t gag on. The Apeks version is not as nice. I can tell the difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom