How many online forum group members does it take to change a lightbulb?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now, one of the other choices is whether you get high tech and use SCR, or use contemporary technology but switch to BPR.

Of course, I could always pursue Vintage, and focus on gas lamp lighting.
Vintage is oil lamp - the skill level required to change the wick - training took students through the correct cutting angle and length of protruding wick. Today’s electric bulb change training has been watered down and is too quick.

Vintage is oil lamp - the skill level required to change the wick - training took students through the correct cutting angle and length of protruding wick. Today’s electric bulb change training has been watered down and is too quick.

Yeah, even a ten year old can do it these days.

In the old days we had to know basic electrician stuff, basic wiring, changing the old screw in fuses on the box, what bulb to use for what brightness and bulb life. There were tables for all that. Now days these young punks just twist in an LED bulb and they’re done, and they think they know it all!
There’s no more real training anymore, it’s all watered down.
Sheesh!

Where do I find the Incredible Shrinking lightbulbs?

Now, one of the other choices is whether you get high tech and use SCR, or use contemporary technology but switch to BPR.

Come on, this is fun!

SCR is Solar Circuit Renewable

BPR is Battery Power Redundancy

Both were plays on other acronyms used in this Forum.

You shouldn't have to explain it

I recently bought a £1 knock-off torch from my local petrol station. My question:

Is this acceptable redundancy in the event of a power cut / outage?

I've calculated that it should provide enough light for me to make it to the loo, but probably only for a #1.

Are my calculations sound or am I going to die?

Back
Top Bottom