Scuba physical Rancho Cucamonga

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbm32

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have two friends that live in Rancho Cucamonga that are going to get certified (PADI) and their family physician won't fill out the PADI health form for them (young ladies in their early 20's that are perfectly healthy at that).
Anyone know of someone in the LA area that does scuba physicals?

when i took my padi ow, i just signed i was in good health and that was it. no physical required unless you had a pre-existing condition that was a contra-indication for diving. so why do they need a physician sign off?

when i took my padi ow, i just signed i was in good health and that was it. no physical required unless you had a pre-existing condition that was a contra-indication for diving. so why do they need a physician sign off?

That was my question too......but they say the instructor is insisting on it.

Hmmm. First thought is to find a different Family Physician, one willing and able to do their job. Second thought is to find a different instructor. Final thought is to call around to area Urgent Cares (if you have them) to see if they will do it.

I would find a different instructor. Is it more unreasonable to require something that is not required or to ask somebody to sign their name to something that they are not comfortable attesting to? At least one person is being honest.

From PADI;
All student divers complete a brief scuba medical questionnaire that asks about medical conditions that could be a problem while diving. If none of these apply, sign the form and you’re ready to start. If any of these apply to you, your doctor must, as a safety precaution, assess the condition as it relates to diving and sign a medical form that confirms you’re fit to dive. In some areas, local laws require all scuba students to consult with a physician before entering the course.

I always thought it was just "is there some kind of condition that would prevent you from scuba diving."

My doctor answers "no" to that question so I'm good. :)

I use Loma Linda University and I'm very pleased with the doctors there. It might be a little bit of a drive from Cucamonga but might be worth it.

They dont need a Dr. approval. Just fill out the PADI medical questionaire. As long as they anwer no to all the questions, there is no Dr. approval. I can certify them. I am a IDC Staff Instuctor at Pacific Wilderness. The Largest Scuba Store in. So Cal....a little drive will be well worth it. I drive from Huntington Beach past 5 dive shops to teach there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom