PADI MSDT Seeking Employment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi!
My name is Corey Lonergan. I'm a PADI MSDT who's grown through the PADI program from start to finish in the past three years. In my prior jobs I've done literally everything, from administration work and tank filling to leading classes of 10+. I have a bachelors in Video Production and have a passion for pursuing this field from a creative lens. I feel that there is so much opportunity for Scuba in the recreational market.
I've dove cold and warm water. Coldest being in Southern California at about 55 degrees Fahrenheit at depth, to the warmest being in the low 80's off of the coast of Oahu.
I'm an incredibly passionate person who exudes happiness from my never ending grin. I'm always smiling even when I'm working and under immense pressure (no pun intended).
I feel I'm a great asset to any business because I'm a New Yorker at heart, always willing to work. I'm a bit of a workaholic, so if you give me a job I will stay busy until it's dark.
I had 80+ certs for the year of 2018 and am hoping to get my elite 100 or 150 this year!
My previous job had me working nonstop 6 days a week with a 12 hour break between the weeks. I worked for a scuba program for the boy scouts, so most of my experience is teaching kids between the ages of 13-18 but I've also worked with their parents and family members as well.
I'd like to stay within the United States, and I was hoping to move out west to California.
If there is anyone in the market looking for a newer instructor who has a ton of energy and is willing to work. I'm your guy! Attached to this post is my resume.
Thanks,
Corey Lonergan
PADI MSDT

PS. I've had many different jobs in my 25 years of life. So if you need someone with sales experience, I could help. If you need someone with customer service I could help! If you have any questions for me please feel free to ask.

Attachments

• Resume.docx
    470.2 KB · Views: 270
  • 24345118_2018_1_download.png
    24345118_2018_1_download.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 280
Presumably you've looked on the PADI Employment site?

Seabase is hiring!
In case anyone has no idea what that means:
HomePage
Florida Seabase is one of three National High Adventure bases operated by the Boy Scouts of America.

Rainbow reef and silent world both on key largo hiring

Have you thought about diving at the NBL? I think we are hiring right now?
I'd LOVE to work at the NBL myself. But I think they tend to hire military/former military personnel before anyone else. At least that's what I've heard. I had a friend that was a diver there years ago when they were shooting scenes for the movie Armageddon, but I'm sure a lot has changed there now. Just having walked around looking at it, though, that would almost be a dream job for me. Only trouble is....I don't want to move back to the Houston area.

Sorry OP....wasn't trying to hijack your thread. Just pointing out that I think they prefer military/former military. But with your videography experience, you may have a FIN up on other applicants. GL with your search!

Back
Top Bottom