Deciphering the Zones

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ljwillia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Everyone-

We've been to Coz 5 times with our 6th visit coming up in July. I'm still trying to figure out the taxi zones. If I'm reading the map correctly El Billy's is in zone 4 (possibly on the border of zone 2) and El Moro is in zone 2? Is that correct?

What zone is the new marina in?

Thanks for your help!

The new marina is 'Marina Fonatur' and it is in zone Sur 4
A taxi for 1-4 persons is $110 MXN from the centro (downtown) region.

If I'm reading the map correctly El Billy's is in zone 4 (possibly on the border of zone 2) and El Moro is in zone 2?
I can't understand enough Spanish to figure the maps out, and then the actual location of businesses is often in doubt. Google maps is little help since those locations are added by members, sometimes wrong - so if I can't see the business on Street View, I wonder. I corrected the location for Mega after checking on Street View once, but someone may move it again.

The way I read the charts is that anything within the same zone is $30 MXN, correct? Or am I looking at old charts?

Within a zone is $26 (I round to 30)
Hotel in centro zone, base fare $48
Telephone dispatch +$8
Super Market queue +$8
Bar or Cantina +$12
Mid night to 6AM +$12

Within a zone is $26 (I round to 30)
Hotel in centro zone, base fare $48
Telephone dispatch +$8
Super Market queue +$8
Bar or Cantina +$12
Mid night to 6AM +$12

So, If I am going to or from Mega to anywhere still in Zone 1 (i.e. downtown), then it is $26 + $8, so $34 MXN, round to $40?

Is there an extra charge to go from the ferry to my AirBnB apartment? Still all in Zone 1.

I didn't know there were zones.
Coz taxi 2.jpg Coz taxi 1.jpg taxi 3.jpg taxi 4.jpg

If you use the Facebook page to order a taxi you do not need to worry about zones. They charge the accurate price each time without question.

Taxis Cozumel

Like the page, send message via FB with your location and they reply with the taxi number which is on its way to get you.

If you use the Facebook page to order a taxi you do not need to worry about zones. They charge the accurate price each time without question.

Taxis Cozumel

Like the page, send message via FB with your location and they reply with the taxi number which is on its way to get you.

If memory serves though, there is a surcharge for phoning for a taxi. Is that correct?
Is there also a surcharge for ordering one through FB?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom