What's wrong with Cozumel in July?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

July and August are my favorite times to go. I plan to go mid-July for 2 or 3 weeks depending on how I feel at the time. I'm looking forward to it. I always stay at the same place. It has a pool where I can spend my afternoons if I so desire. Just chillin'
Looking forward to seeing all of you guys.
Cheers -

Mr. Google says average high temperature in July is 90 F; I'm assuming that's with 100% relative humidity. Sounds a lot like Philadelphia in July...

Is July especially rainy compared to June or August?

The one thing that makes it different is the sun is closer so it feels hotter. It feels more like a Texas/Oklahoma 100 degree summer day to me.

I'll change it up a bit - it's the heat index!

The one thing that makes it different is the sun is closer so it feels hotter. It feels more like a Texas/Oklahoma 100 degree summer day to me.
Actually, I think the earth is closer to the sun during the northern hemisphere winter months but I don't think the difference is that significant given the law of inverse squares.

Actually, I think the earth is closer to the sun during the northern hemisphere winter months but I don't think the difference is that significant given the law of inverse squares.

That’s absolutely true right now. With orbital procession, it will be the other way around in several thousand years. But I probably won’t be here to see that.

Nit-picking: it's the angle that sunlight hits the earth due to the tilt of the axis, not the distance to the sun. FWIW, Coz is below the Tropic of Cancer, thus the sun can be directly overhead (and most intense) during part of the summer.

I'm sweating just thinking about it.

Nit-picking: it's the angle that sunlight hits the earth due to the tilt of the axis, not the distance to the sun.

I thought people were trying too be funny, so I didn't say anything!!

Exactly......I am from Oklahoma, we get 110+ here and as hot as it seems, Coz in July FEELS hotter on the skin/you can burn faster. :)

Just know it going in and do activities in the am and PM, siesta by the pool/in pool during the worst heat and you will enjoy!

Fair weather northerners might melt though. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom