Lake Huron (Port Sanilac, MI) Memorial Day weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Marie13
People always ask what fish we saw. There were several large burbot or lawyer fish, in addition to the usual gobies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they sue you?

SDM

I’m told the burbot are also called lawyer fish because they are very slippery.

Happy you got out. My boat is in at Port Sanilac also. We will be going out next weekend.

Are you going with Shawn? My buddy and myself are also on that boat. Sunday we are also trying to get enough people to do the Regina and Mary Alice B if your interested.

Are you going with Shawn? My buddy and myself are also on that boat. Sunday we are also trying to get enough people to do the Regina and Mary Alice B if your interested.

I believe Jared has his own boat.

Marie, do you know if the Go-Between is sidemount-friendly? I used do dive the Port Sanilac and Harbor Beach wrecks with Captain Gary, but haven’t been out there since he closed down.

Marie, do you know if the Go-Between is sidemount-friendly? I used do dive the Port Sanilac and Harbor Beach wrecks with Captain Gary, but haven’t been out there since he closed down.

No clue. Contact them and ask Capt. Shawn. I can tell you there were a lot of doubles divers this weekend (2 rec dives from same set of doubles). I suspect no problem, but better call to check. They are all very helpful. Just tell them what you need.

Captain Shawn and his crew are very accommodating - lots of room onboard. Can definitely do sidemount. Heck they'll help me get into my rebreather with 2 bailouts - and put my dry gloves on. If you prefer to kit up in the water I would bring a gear line.

j

Yes, they helped me on with dry gloves, etc.

As Marie said, have my own boat. Next weekend the plan is for the Artic, New York and maybe a new site. But that's dependent on my work schedule.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom