MIA vs. FLL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HavanaDaydreamin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Over the years I've heard locals say it's smarter to fly into Ft Lauderdale than Miami International. I'm about to make that trip and I have to decide. Can anyone recommend one over the other?

If FLL is cheaper or the same price as MIA, go for it. Miami isn’t THAT Much more of a headache that I would pay more to fly into FLL.

Also, my wife and I have a ritual of eating at a Cuban restaurant in a Miami before our flight home, so we take that into consideration.

It really all depends on when you’re coming in. MIA can be OK sometimes and other times a complete madhouse...FLL is pretty much always ok.

FLL but remember to get to the airport before the cruise ship crowd.

Over the years I've heard locals say it's smarter to fly into Ft Lauderdale than Miami International. I'm about to make that trip and I have to decide. Can anyone recommend one over the other?

Where are you staying? This makes a huge difference. If your staying in MIA there is absolutely no reason to fly into FLL. You’ll have an additional 25-45 min taxi ride back down to Miami depending on where your staying. So that will be additional time and cost.

Thanks, all!
We'll be flying in and driving down to Key Largo to stay.
Anyone know what time the cruise ships typically dock in the morning, or know their schedule?

I would want to go to MIA just to visit the American Express Centurion Lounge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom