If You Love Lizards, All Kinds, Especially Iguanas And Bearded Dragons, You Are Not Alone.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I put mine in the dumpster when I shoot them. Not worth cleaning IMO.

I cant recall

Do they really tase lke chicken ?

@Wookie
What Caliber gun do you use ? 223 ? 30-06 ?,7MM ? 8MM ?, 303?, or whopping big 50 Cal?.
How much do you need to lead them?
Do the charge after you hit them ?

Un informed left coaster wants to know..

Sam

Yeah, I like lizards, too, and find them—as well as pretty much any animal that is not trying to eat me or suck my blood—pleasant to be around.

I cant recall

Do they really tase lke chicken ?

@Wookie
What Caliber gun do you use ? 223 ? 30-06 ?,7MM ? 8MM ?, 303?, or whopping big 50 Cal?.
How much do you need to lead them?
Do the charge after you hit them ?

Un informed left coaster wants to know..

Sam
.22 air rifle, Sam. The county I live in is so overcrowded that it is illegal to discharge firearms within the county outside of the range. Besides, they live in a tree over my patio, so shooting a firearm up isn't the best of ideas. Although the idea is to hit them, not me.

They don't move too quick in the hot sun, so there is no lead. Smack them in that little spot right behind the cheek and they don't seem to suffer a bit. They just tip over. The big orange males weigh upwards of 20 lbs.

Iguanas as pets necessitate a specialized and expandable environment that few families or households are able to arrange. If the conditions are met, they do make very friendly and tamable pets----quite intelligent. What people don't know is that they grow to be very large, and therefore their environmental needs will change. Safety from motorized traffic and away from noise are also important. Their only defense is to panic and run away ----- usually getting killed by predators or finding themselves in inhospitable unintended environments.

Attachments

• YES WE HAVE THOSE IGUANAS.jpg
    YES WE HAVE THOSE IGUANAS.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 238
  • IGUANA LAPTOPS HISTORICAL.jpg
    IGUANA LAPTOPS HISTORICAL.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 180
  • MAMA LAWRENCE RENSHAW AND IGUANA.jpg
    MAMA LAWRENCE RENSHAW AND IGUANA.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 244
  • IGUANA GEICO GECKO WITH BRITISH ACCENT.jpg
    IGUANA GEICO GECKO WITH BRITISH ACCENT.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 186
  • WALTER CRONKITE AND PET LIZARD color 001.jpg
    WALTER CRONKITE AND PET LIZARD color 001.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 100
@DennisS

Very interesting informative article - thanks for sharing -- (Almost) Every thing was and still is edible.
even lizards..

I question what the people who are so demonstrative for animal rights are saying about consuming Iguanas ?

I had a patient who was a taxidermist and gave me a red stuffed chicken. Every Easter my staff would surround it with packaged candy Easter eggs for the patients-- not a problem !

I retired and my dear wife who was a senior community college VP at the time began using the chicken as an outer office décor at Easter.

All went well for several years -- Then PETA discovered the Stuffed chicken-- blatant cruelty to animals-- and animals have rights and should have dignity in death etc ..

So she removed it - never to be displayed again in her office.

Several years later I sold it to a local market where it acquired the name "Sam the chicken." It has been in the same place for 15 or more years with out a peep from PETA

If I lived in Florida I would be concerned that Iguanas will soon be on PETAs list...

Stranger things have happened

Sam Miller, 111

I like iguanas. In their place like the blue iguanas in the Caymans. But as invasive they are a best. Saw a number of them a month ago in Fort Lauderdale. Sunnying on the bridge protectors along the canals. They are rough on the local bird populations.

I question what the people who are so demonstrative for animal rights are saying about consuming Iguanas ?

The same things average Americans say about consuming dogs and cats. :)

If I lived in Florida I would be concerned that Iguanas will soon be on PETAs list...

Iguanas have been on that list for a long time already.

Back
Top Bottom