Question about air integrated computers and transmitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gauge is vital - What if your computer loses the transmitter signal and cannot reconnect with it ?
You thumb the dive.
Technology is good but you better have a backup( a gauge ) - never solely rely on something that is important,
Before you had AI did you run two SPGS?

You thumb the dive.

Sorry i use sidemount(2 spgs yes) and there are considerable amount of case studies of transmitter losing signal due to the same frequency that the nearby divers or i suppose if you have 2 transmitters emitting - Shearwater even recall some of their transmitters back to change the radio signal frequency.

Don't get me wrong, i also own a Teric and a transmitter but spg is fool-proof - just a personal preference

You thumb the dive.

Well, I don't even have a transmitter AI computer, but an AI console computer, and it failed after 18 open water dives. The computer works. The reading the air pressure failed. So in my short experience with AI tech, it sure doesn't seem reliable as an analog SPG.

I too dive SM and I have two TXs, one on each tank. Are you're trying to say TXs are more of a tangle hazard than SPGs? If so... rubbish!
Na man, i would rather have both than a transmitter or a gauge. Transmitters lower the risk of the entanglement hazard of hoses-look like a grammatical error on my part.

And i will do Tech shortly, so i would not rely my life on transmitters than trusty analog spgs.

transmitter sure will come in handy but if i have to choose between one of the choices -spg any day baby.

I don't even have a transmitter AI computer
Well that's what we're talking about lol
transmitter sure will come in handy but if i have to choose between one of the choices -spg any day baby.
I didn't HAVE to choose, I have two HP ports.
Each to their own mate but having a TX fail with no SPG isn't life and death like you're saying.

Each to their own mate but having a TX fail with no SPG isn't life and death like you're saying.

I was comparing AI tech to analog SPG.

I didn't say it was life and death, but it's definitely a dive ending situation, as said. On a liveaboard, it may be a trip ending situation if the liveaboard isn't well equipped with spares.

You didn't have to choose but the Op want to choose, lol ( Based on your response to the threat , your are very self centring but not really helping op - this argument is not going to help the op decide nor is it productive so please stop)

I was comparing AI tech to analog SPG.
I don't think you can compare a digital SPG and AI with a transmitter.

I didn't say it was life and death
That part was to Coconut Monkey

On a liveaboard, it may be a trip ending situation if the liveaboard isn't well equipped with spares.
I carry one in my spares, three actually :)
Oh and a spare TX.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom