what do YOU do with your car keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another vote for the key safe / lock box clipped to a part of the car such as the tow-hook that's non removeable.

I installed keyless entry keypads on my Ford Transit 350 van. I leave the key in the van, all locked up. I paid like $65 for each of two. One on the driver's door and one on the rear door. I got mine in White.

c3662448a8f9a5895c7095bec34b2509.jpg

Wait... maybe the OP is trying to figure out how to boost our cars while we dive!

31ybmk.jpg

I had a non-electronic key made for my car and just carry it in with me - it won't start the car but will open the doors and I leave my regular keys hidden in there.
One thing to note about this method is that depending on how you lock the car or how your alarm is set up, it will go off when you open the door with the non-electronic key and you then need to hit the appropriate button on the regular key.

Maybe I’m a bit too trusting but I just leave them on the floor with the doors unlocked.....

Had a metal key cut that only opens the doors. So I lock the regular keys inside and wear the metal key on a cord around my neck under the wetsuit. Easy-peezy.

I always take the SUV when going diving, with seats down to hold the Pelican box with enough space for all the clutter, and luckily the Audi key still has a detachable all-metal emergency key insert. I leave the FOB in the car and put the metal key in my boardshorts pocket under the wetsuit.

To be fair - always at Florida state or county parks and an 04 Camry:)
I thought that I was the only person in the world that knew about this place :)

Lanyard around my neck inside my drysuit. If you have a modern car (Toyota Highlander for me) with an electronic proximity key fob you just need to touch the door to lock or unlock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom