Repair or Replace ?? Thank you! (Another BCD Question)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Oceanic BCD vest that needs the inflator coil hose replaced on it I took apart the top of it from the flange piece you can see it broke just below the bottom of the piece that attaches to the flange bottom. This bc has a pull release line inside the coiled inflator hose. My question is the inflator valve appears to be a one piece unit and is not removable is that the case. If it’s able to be taken off how would I go about it so I can order a new hose for it if not I will need to order a 1 piece unit that has the inflator valve on it already. I would appreciate any help with this issue and will look forward hearing back to you all. Thank you.

Attachments

• E8C6A50E-3913-41CB-B99D-45C4C7BF931B.jpeg
    E8C6A50E-3913-41CB-B99D-45C4C7BF931B.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 3B6BD079-097D-4CDF-BD24-4F0F93E9AC3B.jpeg
    3B6BD079-097D-4CDF-BD24-4F0F93E9AC3B.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 86
I have a Oceanic BCD vest that needs the inflator coil hose replaced on it I took apart the top of it from the flange piece you can see it broke just below the bottom of the piece that attaches to the flange bottom. This bc has a pull release line inside the coiled inflator hose. My question is the inflator valve appears to be a one piece unit and is not removable is that the case. If it’s able to be taken off how would I go about it so I can order a new hose for it if not I will need to order a 1 piece unit that has the inflator valve on it already. I would appreciate any help with this issue and will look forward hearing back to you all. Thank you.

No knowledge of the Oceanic inflator but if you do replace the entire assembly, one option may be to order a replacement assembly as referenced in post 20 which has an universal inflator rather than the proprietary Oceanic inflator. Then down the road, you can easily replace the inflator (or rebuild it) if needed. I keep an extra inflator in my tool kit just in case.

Good luck.

No knowledge of the Oceanic inflator but if you do replace the entire assembly, one option may be to order a replacement assembly as referenced in post 20 which has an universal inflator rather than the proprietary Oceanic inflator. Then down the road, you can easily replace the inflator (or rebuild it) if needed. I keep an extra inflator in my tool kit just in case.

Good luck.
Thank you for your advice on this was hoping to repair this one but if needed I’ll just buy a complete unit for the replacement would be nice if they were all separate and I could just replace the piece that’s required.

It
That's the problem with proprietary designs. I can replace any individual piece on my Halcyon wings without issue.
It’s one way they can insure you will deal with their company only when your require original replacement parts for a BCD.

@W W Meixner
@Sam Miller III @couv
And all who have shared your experience and advice

Thank you all very much :)

By way of update, I indeed bought a new BCD before my trip to Tubbataha a couple of months ago, and I'll look after it as some of you have suggested xoxo

Back
Top Bottom