Mar Menor, Spain - Organised Holiday Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danny Mac

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Afternoon All,

New to the forum and started diving about a year ago. I’m Open Water qualified and did my open water dives on the North East coast and did a few dives in Bali last September. Me and my wife absolutely loved it and it was made easier as we went through a PADI centre which organised everything.

We’d like to do something similar when we go to El Algar, Spain in July where the dive is organised for us and we’re led out by someone. Does any have any recommendations for someone there that organises such things?

As we’re staying in El Algar we’d be open to anything near Mar Menor, such as Cartagena and other places near by.

Many thanks in advance
Dan

I've just come back from a short trip to Cartagena. I got a few dives in in Cabo de palos and it was amazing. Hands down the best marine life I've seen in the med.
I did 1 day with Balkysub and 1 day with Isla hormigas dive centre. Both were great, PADI shops, top notch equipment and a 10 min boat ride to the dive sites. Contact them in advance as they take limited numbers and the boats can fill up especially at weekends when lots of Spanish locals come to dive.
Cabo de Palos is on the mar menor by the way, about half an hour drive from Cartagena.

As Paddydiver said, don´t have any doubt about diving at Cabo Palos. It´s just 16 km from el Algar. Fantastic dives both tech or rec. All the Diving Centres located at Cabo Palos harbour. I mention few of them, Balkysub, Islas Hormigas, Mangamar, Naranjito, Rivemar...all are very reliable.
Ask to dive at the Marine Reserve; other coastal dives are not so impressive, but the Marine Reserve spots are truly fantastic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom