Santi did it again....New Elite Plus Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I purchased an E. Motion Drysuit in 2013, prior to the distrubtion rights migrating to Halcyon (in the USA). I've put several hundred dives on my E. Motion. I know several divers that purchased DUI FLX Extreme and TLS350 around the same time and have about the same number of dives. The DUI have fared better than my E. Motion. The material forms creases at the wrist and near the hips on the telescoping torse. It's to the point where I have applied aquaseal in those areas in fear that the material will fail and leak, which will eventually. The taped seams create stress areas on the outer material. You can clearly see the outline of the underlying tape beneath the outer material.

I had the Flex Boots installed in 2015 and had to replace them in 2018 as the sole wore out and the upper section developed tears from the ankle strap. The crotch wore out, which is made of the more reinforced material found the E. Lite. Had to replace that as well. While I did not detect any leaks from the TiZip zipper, the factory recommended its replacement as leaks (very minor I guess) were detected. Suit was always soaked in wetsuit shampoo, rinsed with fresh water and hung to dry in the same (my garage). The suit has various other patches on the interior seams and panels.

As far as fit, even though mine fits a bit tighter than I prefer, especially in the quads, I can dump the suit in a flash and it's beyond comfortable underwater. You simply don't notice the suit while diving. In terms of comfort I would rate it over the moon. In regards to durability, I am a little vexed. I believe the suit spent about 6-8 months at the factory between 2017-2018 for the repairs. I was far less pleased with that. Yes, it did require to go back to Poland.

OUCH! This is why the E.motion+ came out. I have an E.motion and haven't had those issues (knock on wood). I will say the FLX is no where near as flexible or lightweight as the E.motion either though. So, the E.motion was never intended to be a heavy use or indestructible suit. At the same time, most of your issues shouldn't have happened either.

My e-motion develops pin holes if I look at it the wrong way, I'd never buy another. I more than baby my suit too. Thinking about buying shares in Aquaseal.

My e-motion has an amazing fit, but has developped a lot of pin holes as well. Also, the seams started to leak after 2 years, the crotch started to leak after 1 year (crotch strap wear) and the zipper started to leak after just one month (and they didn't want to repair it under warranty).

It became a quattro-laminate: trilaminate and a coat of aquaseal at the inside.

I'm sure Santi has some amazing dry suits, but I changed brands and I don't think I will ever go back.

My e-motion is an amazing fit, but has developped a lot of pin holes as well. Also, the seams started to leak after 2 years, the crotch started to leak after 1 year (crotch strap wear) and the zipper started to leak after just one month (and they didn't want to repair it under warranty).

It became a quattro-laminate: trilaminate and a coat of aquaseal at the inside.

I'm sure Santi has some amazing dry suits, but I changed brands and I don't think I will ever go back.

I'd not buy another Santi either, especially given their premium prices, which only seem to be ever increasing. I think you can get more for less. Mine was a custom made suit so not a cheap proposition to begin with.

Does it leak?
Every drysuit leaks sooner or later.

The good ones leak later.

EDIT: I just noticed I replied to a one year old thread. Apologies.

Here in the Ursuits backyard people have been switching to Santi, due to leaking seams and some bad experiences with warranty claims.
That said, my emotion+ went twice to Poland before hitting 150 dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom