If You Love Lizards, All Kinds, Especially Iguanas And Bearded Dragons, You Are Not Alone.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Iguanas are fascinating. Highly trainable, beautiful, adaptable, ideal pets for the right people and in larger, conducive "green" planned home environments. They will eat just about anything, and some even enjoy being fed by hand. The green variety, also called "tree iguana," has very long toes, resembling tree branches, making them prolific climbers, versatile, fast runners. On raising them: best from the time they are hatched, before they have been allowed to have traumatizing experiences either in the wild or while with bad previous owners. And they're just like kids: treat them gently and with love and understanding, and believe me, they'll love you back in their own way. Even if it's as simple as "pee-ing" on your lap or shoulder. (Not surprisingly, I once had an iguana at home named "Laptop.") Under decent care, they can live to around 20 years, and make marked strides in growth; this means the need for owners to design a flexibly expandable environment, one that affords them to walk and climb around in natural-like surroundings, opportunities to bask in sun, bathe in pond or bath, ample shade cover, while making sure that screens or fences are designed that do not allow them to climb out and escape into probable surroundings of certain death that would confront them in urbanized society or in wild territories unfamiliar to them. (I am attaching here a few pics and captions that I have put together and shared with friends. Let me know if you have any true-life lizard experiences of your own. Would love to hear them.) I am on Facebook under John Renshaw in Los Angeles. Feel free to send me friend requests.

Attachments

• RENSHAW IGUANA GREENING OF AMERICA ST PATRICK DAY SHAMROCK CAP.jpg
    RENSHAW IGUANA GREENING OF AMERICA ST PATRICK DAY SHAMROCK CAP.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 67
  • RENSHAW BABY IGUANA AND LANDLADY.jpg
    RENSHAW BABY IGUANA AND LANDLADY.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IGUANA TRAVELS.jpg
    IGUANA TRAVELS.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 104
  • BABY FACE IGUANA SUNSHINE.jpg
    BABY FACE IGUANA SUNSHINE.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IGUANA BABY FACE WITHOUT SUNSHINE.jpg
    IGUANA BABY FACE WITHOUT SUNSHINE.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IGUANA TYPEWRITER FROM LONG LINE OF ROYALS.jpg
    IGUANA TYPEWRITER FROM LONG LINE OF ROYALS.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 60
  • HONK WHEN HORNY IGUANA AND GOOSE ROLE REVERSAL.jpg
    HONK WHEN HORNY IGUANA AND GOOSE ROLE REVERSAL.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 68
  • PAWN STARS IGUANAS.jpg
    PAWN STARS IGUANAS.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 114
  • BAR TENDER AND GREEN IGUANA COCKEYED.jpg
    BAR TENDER AND GREEN IGUANA COCKEYED.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 122
  • IGUANA AND BANANA AND SEDUCTIVE CARROT.jpg
    IGUANA AND BANANA AND SEDUCTIVE CARROT.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 98
Relaion to scuba is ?????

For scuba world travelers, iguanas popular in Mexico and So. America. Off Galapagos: the renowned "marine iguana" has made unique adaptations, diving off sea cliffs, submerging beneath the waves to dine on moss growing on rocks beneath the surface. They are powerful and persistent enough to climb back up the slippery steep cliffs to bask on the rocks and warm up, belching-up excess salt and water swallowed while eating moss underwater. And iguanas are great swimmers.

In S FL they are considered an invasive nuisance. They crap all over the place, burrow around seawalls and destroy yard plants.. They are all over the place. The OP should plan a vacation here and take some home with him

In S FL they are considered an invasive nuisance. They crap all over the place, burrow around seawalls and destroy yard plants

How do they taste? Maybe they could be like lionfish?

In S FL they are considered an invasive nuisance. They crap all over the place, burrow around seawalls and destroy yard plants.. They are all over the place. The OP should plan a vacation here and take some home with him

Yup. I saw a bunch of them when I was in Islamorada. They were chilling on the dock, under the dock, etc.

I had a dinner of Iguana on a trip many years ago. I can state the taste was unremarkable.

I was in PetCo yesterday with my dog Lucky and viewed the Iguanas for sale-- what is a nuisance in the tropics is a expensive exotic pet in Kalifornia. All sorts of heated cages , heat rocks and commercial food supplies

Don't eat them -- trap them and export to Kalifornia as pets
SDM

Back
Top Bottom