Taxi blockade at airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Some off topic posts have been deleted.
Please try to stay with the thread topic.

Thank you!

Back on topic - so is there now 2 van services at the airport to take you to your hotel? Is that what the whole fuss was about?

Can anyone confirm that one service (the old one) is $81 peso’s and the new one $50 to centro from the airport?
Van prices are similar to the old ones, which is why I did not post them.
60632429_10156949927735310_900595603350749184_o.jpg

Can someone, maybe @El Graduado, explain the Colectivo fare? I didn't think the colectivos came onto the airport property, I thought one had to walk out to the street to catch one? And it's probably a little rude to take up space on the colectivo with a lot of luggage when people who can't afford a taxi are trying to get back and forth to work, but I'm curious what the rate refers to.

[Edit: Fixed link to El Graduado's page]

The term "colectivo" is a generic term for shared vans. There are some colectivos operated by the Taxi Union that run fixed routes on fixed time schedules around town, and there are others operated by the two transportation companies at the airport that pick up passengers at the airport and take them to their respective homes or hotels. The new company at the airport also says they will pick you up and take you to the airport.

Question: Who is Hendro Yulianto and why does his page come up when you click the link @El Graduado in the previous post???

You essentially have the Taxi mafia, who can't pickup on airport prperty - but can drop off.

Then you have the van mafia who can take you from airport to hotel - so it looks like there is a second van mafia company now, which I guess is a good thing?

So who exactly was picketing/blocking the airport when this was announced? The existing van mafia or the taxi mafia?

The term "colectivo" is a generic term for shared vans. There are some colectivos operated by the Taxi Union that run fixed routes on fixed time schedules around town, and there are others operated by the two transportation companies at the airport that pick up passengers at the airport and take them to their respective homes or hotels. The new company at the airport also says they will pick you up and take you to the airport.
OK, so is the "Colectivo" @ $81 the shared van, and the "Shared Service" @ $241 a shared taxi, then?

Back
Top Bottom