Sealife Seadragon 2500 dead?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vjongene

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a photo/video rig with a Sealife tray and two Seadragon 2500 lights. Really love it. The other day, I took it out and carelessly forgot to insert the batteries into the lights and to tighten down the rear covers. I realized this while still at the surface, and immediately tightened the covers before descending. When I got back home, I did the usual rinse with fresh water, dried the outside, and removed the covers to see what it looked like inside. In both lights, there were a few very small drops of water, presumably sea water. I dried them out carefully with paper towels and tissues, and wiped contact surfaces with isopropanol. While one of the light is still working, the other turns on the blue charge indicator lights normally, but the LED doesn't work at all.
If anyone has suggestions about whether there is any chance to get the light back to life, I would really appreciate. Replacements are $350, plus shipping and taxes (another $70-100)... I live in the Caribbean, and local options for repairs are essentially non-existent.
Thanks already!

Have you contacted Customer Service at Sealife? As can be attested to by several of us here, they are amazing.

Back
Top Bottom