Is nitrox worth it for deeper rec dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Notwithstanding training, there is no difference between 50% and 100%. Margins are smaller, but concept is totally the same.

Doesn’t matter whether it’s 50% or 100%. I’ve not taken AN yet, so I’m limited to 40% and under.

@Stoo,

100% isn’t an option for me - yet. :wink:

Run some profiles with 100 verses 80, you might find 80 is a much friendlier flavor!!

- Starting an 80% vs 100% deco debate
- Throwing shade at one of the OG GI3 articles

@ChuckP You must be new here :wink:
And, oh boy, you picked the thread to do it in :popcorn:

So - who was the 80 verses 100 reply too? How does she dive today and what type of profile is she looking to dive in the future? If you can look over the edge of that box you live in, maybe you might want to run some profiles in a planner or even better yet - go dive some profiles like she does.

Depth/BT/O2 Deco Gas RT OTU CNS%
170/30/21 80 85 93 36
plus 5 BT 80 106 111 43
plus 10 BT 80 125 129 50

170/30/21 100 90 89 46
plus 5 BT 100 113 107 58
plus 10 BT 100 134 125 66

That's multi deco 45/75 but I'm sure that is far too conservative for you DIR/GUE macho men. The facts are that in the 130-170' depth, single deco gas and 30 minute bottom times, 100 provides zero benefit, 80 is a better choice whether the dive goes as planned or you over stay your welcome.

There are a few cave divers on this board that I really value their knowledge, insight and open mindness. These few provide great advice to all types of divers - the rest of ya, you all give a terrible impression of that aspect of this hobby.

I really try and keep an open mind when it comes to DIR/GUE, if you want to dive that way, good for you. Maybe you ought to tailor any advice you give to the way others actually dive - oh wait, you'd actually have to take the lid off that box you live in..............preferring to dive daily then drink one flavor of kool aide .

Reactions: Kha
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom