Blue Angel or ScubaClub

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh oh. I will need to make some corrections to an album I put on line a few days ago saying there weren't pier fees at the Allegro or Grand. First time I've heard that. Thanks.

They started in November of 2018

Thanks again. I'll update my album tomorrow.

I've been to Blue Angel, Scuba Club and Park Royal.

I'd say Scuba Club is good for beginner diver as the boats are comfortable large catamarans and they tend todo easier dives as they have to cater to beginner divers on the boat. The rooms at SC are very variable and generally spartan and not that comfortable. I recall having to change rooms several times due to problems such as road noise or AC blowing on the bed, and lack of desk/chair.

Park Royal is a very large hotel, too noisy for me. Good for alcoholics drinking in the pool.

Of the three Blue Angel is my favorite. It has a very good dive op with lost of boats leaving at different times to a variety of sites. Last time I got both the Devil's Throat and the Cathedral at Punta Sur. The restaurant is quite good and rooms are not bad. All rooms face the beach and the sea and the resort is right on the beach.

Your experience at ScubaClub is very different from our 5 trips there... we have done all the sites down south including Punta Sur and Maricaibo, Columbia deep, etc so don't know about your remark as catering to beginners. Guess it was the boat they put you on was designated as inexperienced. Also, we never were on a catamaran our 5 visits, always one of the other boats, either big one (few divers there, so they took 1 big out instead of 2-3 smaller, or we were on a 6 or 8 pack boat)
Rooms - our first visit there we did get stuck out by the street, but the resort was full that week, so no other places available to move us. After that, we always got a room oceanfront, nice a big without any problems. No it isn't fancy, no tv in room, but AC always worked and we were there to dive.

I have been to Blue Angel about 9 years ago, not sure if it is the same now. When I went, it was one of the better ones. They had a restaurant that joined the hotel part and had breakfast and lunch daily included with our package. The docks are right there, just a walk down from the restaurant. They had fresh caught fish and salad daily for lunch complimentary.

I have been to Blue Angel about 9 years ago, not sure if it is the same now. When I went, it was one of the better ones. They had a restaurant that joined the hotel part and had breakfast and lunch daily included with our package. The docks are right there, just a walk down from the restaurant. They had fresh caught fish and salad daily for lunch complimentary.
I just got back from a 10 day stay at Blue Angel. All you say is still true; we had a great time there.

I just got back from a 10 day stay at Blue Angel. All you say is still true; we had a great time there.
Great to hear. BA is our next destination. We've been using Casa Mexicana and 3P's but we are sick of the cab rides, small pool, etc. We figure we will have more time to relax at BA.

but we are sick of the cab rides,

I’m confused by that statement. Wouldn’t you have more cab rides by staying at Blue Angel?

We used to stay at BA and now we stay in town for the fact the we usually only have 1 cab ride a week (El Moro is a must do for us). I love the grounds and being right on the water at BA but walking distance restaurants are very limited. I can only eat off the BA menu so many times before I need a change.

I’m confused by that statement. Wouldn’t you have more cab rides by staying at Blue Angel?

We used to stay at BA and now we stay in town for the fact the we usually only have 1 cab ride a week (El Moro is a must do for us). I love the grounds and being right on the water at BA but walking distance restaurants are very limited. I can only eat off the BA menu so many times before I need a change.
I'm pretty sure he was speaking of the cab rides to and from the marina before and after dives.

To clarify, we are sick of the cab rides from 3P's in the morning to the Marina, then from the Marina back to the Hotel or Dive Shop after diving.

We don't mind the cab rides around town.

Back
Top Bottom