Scribble Series 1st Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got my order this weekend. Very fast shipping, and they included a little extra something for me! Thanks, Chris, Landon and Bert!

The quality of all the items but especially the regulators is amazing! I can't believe they are selling such high quality products at these prices. I'm hoping to use them for the first time right after Xmas. As soon as I do, I'll write up a review from my point of view (recreational diver - not a professional). I can't wait to use them!

In case you are wondering...I broke down and told the wife a bunch of scuba gear was coming in the mail...she agreed (didn't seem too surprised either) but said it had to go under the Christmas tree, hence the wait to use them. :(

But, best Christmas ever! :D

P.S. - Service kits for all the regulators were included as well.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays to everyone at Deep6!!
:xmastree:

Has anyone used a Scribble first stage on a bailout or stage bottle? If so...what are your thoughts on the compact 1st stage vs. a standard sized first stage like the Signature? Thank you.

Has anyone used a Scribble first stage on a bailout or stage bottle? If so...what are your thoughts on the compact 1st stage vs. a standard sized first stage like the Signature? Thank you.

I use the HOG D2, which is the same reg, on all my stages. Mainly because of the compact size. No issues with hose routing because you are only going to use it for a limited time. It's small, rugged, and sealed. No turret, so fewer parts to service. Makes a nice compact package under my arm or on top of my of main SM cylinders.

Will the Scribble stay a standard product? The Deep 6 website basically alludes to them being a temporary product.

I'm interested in the Scribble but I don't know if it would be worth it to spend an extra $50 and get the DGX version.

@Dave616 We will always carry parts for and service the scribble, whether it stays as a product or not. That being said it is a special product, not a permanent addition.

The first stage from DGX is similar, just with a turret. The second stage we make for them is different than the Signature second we offer. The Signature second has many design upgrades and features not found elsewhere.

Cheers

@LandonL - like the way the turret assembly is designed. Been a SP user for decades, and like this design much more!

Glad to have found this thread, emailing deep6 now for some qurestions on this first stage. Wish the kit with the hose and 2nd was still in stock :(

Glad to have found this thread, emailing deep6 now for some qurestions on this first stage. Wish the kit with the hose and 2nd was still in stock :(

It's because they are sold of the blue second stages. You can configure close to the same set but with an orange or black second stage here (just select the scribble first stage on the customization). If I remember correctly, the price was close to the same as the scribble first stage and blue second stage kit.

Deep 6 Configurable Regulator Package

It's because they are sold of the blue second stages. You can configure close to the same set but with an orange or black second stage here (just select the scribble first stage on the customization). If I remember correctly, the price was close to the same as the scribble first stage and blue second stage kit.

Deep 6 Configurable Regulator Package

That’s how I purchased mine recently (I went with orange). I’d like to order another one soon and hang onto it for whenever I get around to trying sidemount.

That’s how I purchased mine recently (I went with orange). I’d like to order another one soon and hang onto it for whenever I get around to trying sidemount.

I would order it soon. I've heard they have a limited supply left (although Landon or Rich could say for sure). I got two sets for my boys when they first started selling them and the scribbles are awesome. My youngest is still 2 years away from diving, but I couldn't pass up on the great deals.

My oldest loves diving and the scribble has been great for him. I'll upgrade him to a signature first stage as he gains more experience, then I'll use his scribble for sidemount. Hopefully my youngest will take to diving too and I'll do the same and then I will have a set for sidemount!

Back
Top Bottom