Atomic M1 jam nut size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are you doing with Atomics? They are not made out of metal plus I thought you hate piston regulators.

The first stage is on the chopping block, haven't yet decided. Had some Atomics years ago, nice breathers but had issues with the first stage out of the box, put me off so sold them. Did a swap for some Apeks regs I had. Like the seat saving feature. Time will tell if they are keepers or not, will possibly sell the first stage, freshly serviced, and pair the seconds with a UST I have.

Is the normal jam nut an 11/16- 17mm
3157F064-3484-4D18-A8AD-22458CA67D33.png

It appears you have the deluxe jam nut. Be proud of it!

It's an odd size, only has two points of wrench contact and it's aesthetics I find a bit gaudy. I'll spend more silly money on two more pleasing jam nuts. A fool and his money and all that.

On a positive note, took them out today for the first time and other than a high pitched squeal from the second stage for the first 10 mins on inhalation, they breathed like a dream.

Of course they did. And you only need the heat sink if you’re diving in 36F or colder water, which would be rediculous to even think of.

It's an odd size, only has two points of wrench contact and it's aesthetics I find a bit gaudy.

You need to embrace diversity, so what if it is gaudy? It has the right to be a jam nut the same as any other. :)

We need to find a better source for jam nuts. From what I remember from a different thread, the Atomics use the same size nut and thread as those silly Scubapro spline nuts. I never owned Atomics so I cannot verify.

You need to embrace diversity, so what if it is gaudy? It has the right to be a jam nut the same as any other. :)

We need to find a better source for jam nuts. From what I remember from a different thread, the Atomics use the same size nut and thread as those silly Scubapro spline nuts. I never owned Atomics so I cannot verify.
I would say that they would be identical, as the same engineer designed them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom