Recommend a GUE Instructor in Tulum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@kierentec Thanks Jon. You were another of the instructors that came highly recommended to me. I'm currently in touch with Kelvin and starting to make plans for Fundies in January. I hope our paths cross at some point! Cheers.

@kierentec Thanks Jon. You were another of the instructors that came highly recommended to me. I'm currently in touch with Kelvin and starting to make plans for Fundies in January. I hope our paths cross at some point! Cheers.

Excellent, you are in great hands with Kelvin. I’ll be sure to drop by and say hi if I can :)

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.

My GF and I passes Fundies this afternoon. Ivo Chiarino was our instructor and he was great. Kelvin was recovering from an ear injury but Ivo took excellent care of us. Took an extra couple days to nail our kicks, s-drills, and smb deployments but we have emerged at the other side and are feeling incredibly jazzed to have completed such a useful course. I completely understand now why so many here on SB say it's the most valuable course they've taken in their dive careers. Can't wait to practice and assimilate it more over the next three weeks fun diving in Cozumel.

But first, to catch up on sleep... not a ton of that lately. LOL.

Thanks again :)

Keep in mind what you want to achieve with fundamentals. Do you want to continue with a Tec or cave training? See if you can find an instructor that has experience in that too. Not as in instructor per se but as a diver. She or he can relate to your goals more easily. You're spending big money on training, make it count.

I know this is an old thread, and the OP has made plans, but for anyone’s future reference I would like to recommend Laszlo Cseh, who works out of Zero Gravity, for Fundies or Cave 1. I did not take those courses with Laszlo, but I just returned from a week of guided diving with him, and I could sense he would be a great teacher. He gave me all kinds of pointers despite it not being a class. Check out his resume on the GUE web site. I think he will become better known in time.

I was going to recommend Jon Kieran, I see he’s posted......excellent instructor.

Keep in mind what you want to achieve with fundamentals. Do you want to continue with a Tec or cave training? See if you can find an instructor that has experience in that too. Not as in instructor per se but as a diver. She or he can relate to your goals more easily. You're spending big money on training, make it count.

Within GUE in order to become a fundies instructor (or any of the 'recreational' curriculum), one needs to be an active T1/C1 diver... similar with T1/C1 instructors, they need to be T2/C2 divers....

_R

What are some differences between GUE full cave and TDI full cave?

is GUE real heavy on the team thing and TDI not so much?

What are some differences between GUE full cave and TDI full cave?

is GUE real heavy on the team thing and TDI not so much?

Maybe start a separate thread under Cave Diving?

One more thing I'd like to mention before this thread continues to evolve tangentially. Ivo Chiarino, while newer to GUE than some of the other well known locals, was an absolutely dynamite instructor. He's young, enthusiastic, patient, kind, and I *never* saw him even glance at a clock when our days went long (despite the fact that his lovely girlfriend from the States was in town visiting). His first concern was always, what more can I do for you? And his ability to communicate the material and perform the techniques in the water was *staggering*. I want to be able to do it like *Ivo* does it.

He's a very talented guy. I will be very excited to take more courses with him in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom