Early December? Classic or South

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveUAE

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi fellow divers

Just realized we could have a week of diving from late Nov-Early Dec.
Living in the UAE, Maldives is close by (3,5 h flight), so think we might give it a second try.

Went first time in April 2013 and was not that impressed, mostly I remember the drop down, hook up and wait for sharks. Was bored after 3 dives that way:-/ Loved the dives with mantas! Whale shark "hunting" was awful.

However I loved the Thresher shark diving we just did in Malapascua, so thinking coming prepared and knowing the dive style might help.

Last time we did not do the night dive with nurse sharks (not really sure why), having seen videos from friends with this and also Dan T's video and report from 2018 we could repeat the "classic tour", but I'm also looking at going Deep South. Desperate to see different kinds of sharks and other big stuff, and (hopefully) some nice reefs as well.

Princess Haleema/Princess Rani are both doing a "Tiger Sharks" trip (Gan-Fuvahmulah) but found a very concerning review here on SB for Haleema. Only: I'm very confused as the review lists Haleema as a "Seafari boat", which from what I can find is not true. Has anyone seen/been on/know the story? Most concerning is of course the comment regarding fumes in cabin and air that smells like plastic.

Thank you for any insights.

I believe the south itineraries are a lot of channel dives where you hook in and wait/watch for sharks and other pelagics.
Since you've done the classic route, how about north ? It is supposed to have more variety than the south, but maybe less exciting if you mainly want to see sharks.

Thank you!
We got a great offer of a classic LOB.
30/11-7/12 for 1190 EURO - looking for 2 more people, and we'll get an extra 10 %, please message me, if interested:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom