revo o rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Don, thank you very much.

Your numbers are cross section x internal dimension, correct?
And do you know the shore hardness, is it 70?

Thanks alot - Sven

mab
Hi Don, thank you very much.

Your numbers are cross section x internal dimension, correct?
And do you know the shore hardness, is it 70?

Thanks alot - Sven
Maybe this will keep you busy:

upload_2019-5-10_17-21-2.png

Picked up a well utilised rEvo last week, added a manifold introducing a couple of extra oring failure points
changing hoses around for a BOV

full.jpg

then really got to work

Well imagine my horror when I came out to the laundry the next day to inspect the previous days doings

full.jpg

whatever am I to do, especially where the orings are superglued in

What would the duds do

Picked up a well utilised rEvo last week, added a manifold introducing a couple of extra oring failure points
changing hoses around for a BOV

View attachment 518809
then really got to work

Well imagine my horror when I came out to the laundry the next day to inspect the previous days doings

View attachment 518810

whatever am I to do, especially where the orings are superglued in

What would the duds do
Been there, done that! Enjoy the project, but take your time and be vewwy vewwy careful with those counterlungs. Only a rEvo authorized service center can get them and they are not for sale to the end user.

Sure? They appear on the Webshop. Exhale, Inhale and Liner.

NAND...

They Do...

However you can't buy them...

I went through this last fall with OEO...to send a rEvo Standard Manual to Jason...return shipping to Ontario...12 hours labour...two $115. a piece counter-lungs...dollar exchange...installation kits...etc. etc...was going to cost me well over $2000. CDN...that was just the counter-lung re and re...and you know before sending...there will be additional costs...''for other repairs'' in order for the unit to pass all operation testing...they will not piece-meal repair a basket case...and in case you were wondering...Add Helium does not re-re rEvo counter-lungs...at least they didn't last fall...I asked that question as well...

With the unit in its current dis-assembled condition...HD's complete repair/full service bill is going to be a very large number...very likely more than he's going to want to pay...or the unit is worth...and if he's not certified...that will be another hurtle he'll have to deal with...they'll repair the unit...but if the unit owner is not certified...they're going to want to send it to a rEvo instructor following the repairs...

HD would have been way ahead of the curve...by making all inquiries before the rebreather was dis-assembled...

Like everything ''rebreather''...they're liability...your safety...

Good Luck...HD...

Warren

NAND...

They Do...

However you can't buy them...

I went through this last fall with OEO...to send a rEvo Standard Manual to Jason...return shipping to Ontario...12 hours labour...two $115. a piece counter-lungs...dollar exchange...installation kits...etc. etc...was going to cost me well over $2000. CDN...that was just the counter-lung re and re...and you know before sending...there will be additional costs...''for other repairs'' in order for the unit to pass all operation testing...they will not piece-meal repair a basket case...and in case you were wondering...Add Helium does not re-re rEvo counter-lungs...at least they didn't last fall...I asked that question as well...

With the unit in its current dis-assembled condition...HD's complete repair/full service bill is going to be a very large number...very likely more than he's going to want to pay...or the unit is worth...and if he's not certified...that will be another hurtle he'll have to deal with...they'll repair the unit...but if the unit owner is not certified...they're going to want to send it to a rEvo instructor following the repairs...

HD would have been way ahead of the curve...by making all inquiries before the rebreather was dis-assembled...

Like everything ''rebreather''...they're liability...your safety...

Good Luck...HD...

Warren

Sad but too true. This is one of the main reasons the rEvo has been falling out of favor so quickly around here.

Burn it, with fire!!

hey dude I'm sure you mean cleanse it with fire

Thanks Dsix36 man, I'm impressed with your works of art and stuff...
Your triglide travel band things a brilliant
had a thought about grabbing one of your stands

I'm currently building a kiss meg stand like the narked one but stainless

I think the rEvo will stay standless for a while although someone at some stage has had one on it

Those previously entrusted with my rEvo I'm sure must have cleansed it in the Dead Sea
before leaving it to biblically soak up the sun towards incineration in the desert for a bit to dry

Pretty smart CCR this rEvo thing, I can see why certain types would be drawn to it
and others repulsed, a little bit like using a 4x4 on the road and a street car in the dirt

I've done much soaking of rusty and verdigrissed things in hydrochloric and phosphoric acids
but no photo because it's dangerous and I wish to avoid any cultural clash through misusing the stuff

full.jpg

anyhow chassis panelbeating is complete, swapped the handle to the side
and got rid of those hose munching brackets but not in this photo

the countersunk hammered in backplate bolts were swapped for some flush encapsulations for short hex screws
and I put an extra hole for my long back
full.jpg

nothing to say here, yes there is the lung hole was folded and taped with gaffer
to hold pos and neg tests beautiful

may have to weld the nuts fully, I can see the salt moving in amongst the tacks permanently

full.jpg

anyhow I cleaned my spanner out of the exhale lung, so some resealing of which is in order

which is something I'm quite adept at

full.jpg

almost one of my favorite mediums polyurethane

full.jpg

I call this polyvulcanising, basically compressing a gasket into a flange with aquaseal

there are three layers on these lungs so it doesn't stretch

and then for something different throwing a couple of ds4s in a pile before the phosphoric
and homemade mav bits full of swarf and delrin crumbs about a fifth of which can be seen at the bottom

full.jpg

Kits? I've never put a kit in my life

and those lungs up there ended up in here

full-jpg.519084.jpg

So I really don't think the rEvo will provide me any hardship ish
wouldn't want the police to pull me over and cancel my certs for servicing a rebreather in a laundry
next to the room with the bottles boosters and compressors ish

unless some dud puts a heix on me

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 182
  • full.jpg
    full.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 171
  • full.jpg
    full.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 176