You guys are a bad influence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I figured the screen name and location on my profile gave it away. Shrug
I don't regularly read profiles, and don't assume/decode names- so yea, shrug. Speaking of shrug's/head scratching; it's easier to figure out what it costs than ask here and argue the results. Maybe you need a travel agent?
As others have noted, the Philippines is great diving, especially the critter's in Anilao (for me), and like Bali takes long flight(s), costs less to stay, and is totally worth it. 10 years on, you're due for some adventure!

I don't regularly read profiles, and don't assume/decode names- so yea, shrug. Speaking of shrug's/head scratching; it's easier to figure out what it costs than ask here and argue the results. Maybe you need a travel agent?
As others have noted, the Philippines is great diving, especially the critter's in Anilao (for me), and like Bali takes long flight(s), costs less to stay, and is totally worth it. 10 years on, you're due for some adventure!

But it's not easy to know what are good destinations for certain times. Besides most people here have been more places than me diving. Always good to ask and it seems as if at least one other person is gaining some knowledge on a desired spot other than myself.

:)

Thailand is not as good as Red Sea which is not as good as Philippines which is not as good as Indonesia. Well, it could be worse...You could be like one of my buddies and be friends with me. He is in it pretty deep...Well into the 5 digit mark (before decimal) in the last 18 months on trips. :D

We can't talk anymore :shhh:

Adventure I'm not missing out on believe me. I've had some rather ''unique' professions that gave me plenty of 'adventures' :rofl3:

Just considering expanding to other places and thinking of finally doing a second trip within the same year.

Seems as if some of you should be travel agents for scuba :clapping: :rofl3:

But it's not easy to know what are good destinations for certain times.......

:)

This is very true and you cannot always trust travel agents as they may just be focused on booking a sale vs. taking the time and energy to find what is really best for you. What is best for diver "A" might be different than diver "B".

I actually like the research on destinations, when is the best time for certain marine life, dive conditions, etc.. For a given location, the best month might be different for the diver who wants to see big pelagics vs someone who likes calm waters and high visibility.

For an inexpensive resort option in a good area, I would consider Hamlet Oasis since you are traveling solo. Dive Friends dive shop on site with a 10% discount on dive package, swimming pool, The Cliff dive site for your house reef. Rates are $750 per week + $52 in taxes. Accomodation Bonaire Apartments: Holiday Rentals, Diving Bonaire Vacation Home

You could go the airBNB route and find things pretty reasonable. Here are just a few that I pulled up quickly:
Kas Jardine - Guest suites for Rent in Kralendijk, Bonaire, Caribbean Netherlands

Cozy Guestroom 3 minutes stroll from the ocean - Guest suites for Rent in Kralendijk, Bonaire, Caribbean Netherlands

Tropical Oceanfront 2 | private room - Houses for Rent in Kralendijk, Caribbean Netherlands
(I have stayed in this place a couple years ago)

Dive Resort Beyond The Corals, studio 2 pers. - Aparthotels for Rent in Kralendijk, Caribbean Netherlands

I just came across this while looking for something for a friend. Looks like tremendous value:
Rates & Packages - Dive Hut Resort Bonaire

‘The Dive Hut Bonaire ‘ is an exciting and unique concept for Bonaire.
A small, intimate and very budget friendly hotel.
It is not waterfront nor luxurious yet it has a great atmosphere and is totally dedicated to providing excellent service to our guests. Situated just north of Kralendijk, the capital of Bonaire, in between two dive facilities of Wannadive, it is walking distance to town, the beach and the dive centre.

The ‘Hut’ has complete facilities to satisfy even the most demanding diver, including fully renovated rooms, own dive facility with 24 hours access, a nice and cosy restaurant and not to forget our rooftop with great views of Bonaire.
We invite you to please take a peek inside to see what we have to offer.

THE DIVEHUT - Updated 2019 Prices & Hotel Reviews (Bonaire/Kralendijk) - TripAdvisor

I've been here everyday since I created my profile, sometimes more than once a day. I'm now having the itch for another trip which isn't good for my pocket.

I already did two weeks diving in Barbados in March.

Because of this place now I'm considering another place in July or August.

Where are the best places to go during these two months that are relatively inexpensive?

I usually only travel during the colder months here. Ideas?

And I hate you all. Lol:facepalm:

I
Haven't dove Aruba, Curacao, Belize, Caymans, Bahamas, or Costa Rica yet. Others are on the table as well

Been to Cozumel X2, Jamaica, Dominican, Utila, Barbados, canaries, and another.

What was the Dominican Republic like?

If you are interested in saving money; I would dive the Dominican Republic. They are loaded with fancy all inclusives that also include RT airfare. Go to cheapcaribbean.com and see what I mean!

I just came across this while looking for something for a friend. Looks like tremendous value:
Rates & Packages - Dive Hut Resort Bonaire

‘The Dive Hut Bonaire ‘ is an exciting and unique concept for Bonaire.
A small, intimate and very budget friendly hotel.
It is not waterfront nor luxurious yet it has a great atmosphere and is totally dedicated to providing excellent service to our guests. Situated just north of Kralendijk, the capital of Bonaire, in between two dive facilities of Wannadive, it is walking distance to town, the beach and the dive centre.

The ‘Hut’ has complete facilities to satisfy even the most demanding diver, including fully renovated rooms, own dive facility with 24 hours access, a nice and cosy restaurant and not to forget our rooftop with great views of Bonaire.
We invite you to please take a peek inside to see what we have to offer.

THE DIVEHUT - Updated 2019 Prices & Hotel Reviews (Bonaire/Kralendijk) - TripAdvisor

It looks like a terrific and economical option but my first question is do they have air-conditioning throughout the apartment? This may not be important to @Chidiver1 and others but it is important to me and I noticed the standing fan in one of the Trip Advisor photos. I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to ambient comfort - especially since they are not located on the water, so they won't get the sea breezes. It says that they have air-conditioning on their web site but I know that some places in Bonaire only have AC in the bedrooms.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom