How do I contact Kubi with a dry glove problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

superheavydeathmetal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello! Does anyone have a way to contact Kubi? They do not provide a phone number on their website, and the contact submission form on the website is not functional. I also checked here in the manufacturer section, but there does not seem to be a Kubi section.

I have a problem in that I am not able to remove the glove-side rings from the suit. They are stuck on. My friends and I tried very hard to pull them off, but they won't budge. Does anyone know a trick to remove the rings from the suit? I will not be able to use the suit again until this is resolved.

Thanks!

Ok so the glove rings are stuck to the docking rings?

Best way is to create some leverage between the two. Pulling straight just causes suction. you gotta pry a bit on one side and then should be able to work it out.

Moving forward a tiny bit of O2 lube or silicone grease would help getting them on and off easier, but seriously, just a tiny bit.

perhaps pry them gently apart with a plastic bicycle tire lever:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnsQQIcnKWcOP_cAM-Lw1aZiw9ihIpBZd6kRGyc2jbjM3Vw__85A.jpg

The Waterproof Ultima DGS comes with a little lever that can be used to do this:

upload_2019-5-7_22-33-54.jpeg

-Z

Hello! Does anyone have a way to contact Kubi? They do not provide a phone number on their website, and the contact submission form on the website is not functional. I also checked here in the manufacturer section, but there does not seem to be a Kubi section.

I have a problem in that I am not able to remove the glove-side rings from the suit. They are stuck on. My friends and I tried very hard to pull them off, but they won't budge. Does anyone know a trick to remove the rings from the suit? I will not be able to use the suit again until this is resolved.

Thanks!

Try an e-mail to sales@kubistore.com

He was quite responsive when last we exchanged notes. Keep the time zone in mind...I think Kubi is based in Slovakia. Or, call DRIS. They sell them and can likely advise you.

Kubi sales are all done from the UK. The managers name is Peter same name as owner.

KUBIstore.com

Or try Peter, the owner, direct:

kubi@kubi.sk

Mine are a little hard to pull apart when O ring is new, I used a plastic tool similar to the post above. Despite instructions saying do not lube glove side sealing O ring, I do, sparingly, but it makes all the difference in the world. Have been doing so for around 5 years without ill effect. Good luck. Cheers.

Just to state the obvious, try twisting the rings as you pull or pry them apart.

And then, yes, put a little silicone grease on the O-ring before you put them back together. TOTALLY different once the O-ring is lubed just a little. Fortunately for me, I couldn't get mine to go together without the grease, so I didn't end up with them stuck together....

bicycle tire lever <- this is the way to go! Used for years and have the same problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom