How do you feel about Chinese made gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer gear in the US and other Western countries (I include Japan in that category now) as long as it is reasonably priced for the quality and well designed. I am not willing to pay top dollar for poorly designed, and poorly made gear simply because it is made in the West.

Now there are some Chinese brands that do provide the customer service, and quality control that I am willing to trust. I used to trust XTar but the recently QC and design issues have hampered that. Outside of the diving brands I do trust Anker and Aukey.

i dive it if the quality is good. ship has sailed from port, caught on fire, and sunk to the bottom of the ocean on the days of buying everything made in the usa.

I like stuff made in Santa Rosa.

Yes, some wonderful wine from that region...

I also admire the Alembic guitars and basses made in Santa Rosa, and believe that the first practical cardiac pacemaker was made there by Medtronics, a company that is also the major US manufacturer of insulin pumps and a vast array of medical devices.

Do you guys like money and space shuttles?
Both the prismatic ink used on $100 bills and the heat shielding tiles used on the space shuttle are/were made in Santa Rosa.

Hey next time you're over there Eric show em how to slap a few extra layers on the leading edge tiles man

If your local Walmart store was to remove all their manufactured goods and place them in the parking lot, Chinese goods on one side and everything else on the other, what do you think you'd see from your overnight RV?

If your local Walmart store was to remove all their manufactured goods and place them in the parking lot, Chinese goods on one side and everything else on the other, what do you think you'd see from your overnight RV?
Walmart is China’s personal US outlet store.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom